IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't You Just Love It When Things Work Out?
LoLo
post Dec 9 2003, 03:20 AM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Ok so a couple people got to hear about my crappy day at work on Saturday and now I just have to follow it up with a good day at work. First let's get the history of Saturday out of the way so this makes more sense.

I'm at work Saturday and well it's busy as hell in the first place, which I don't mind too much cause time passes faster that way, but it was to the point my boss was freaking out over the busyness. (I know I spelled that wrong and I don't care! laugh.gif ) Well I had to come in later than usual because we were staying open late because of the Christmas parade. That didn't stop Blossom (my co-worker) from calling me 3 times in 5 mins to see if she left her make up in my car. I give her rides to and from work sometimes. Guess what? The make up wasn't in my car so she lost it somewhere. She was pissed cause of that too, cause she just looked too plain. blah. That was just a minor annoyance, in comparison to what happened later. So later someone was trying to figure out why the night before we were short 100 dollars. They blamed it on the fact that the computers had messed up the day before. So the person who was telling us to be more careful with the way the computers are booted up says they're not pointing any fingers, but the booting was a problem. So Blossom comes up to me and points the finger at me. Yeah I turned the computers on on Friday, but I did it exactly the way it was supposed to be done so it wasn't my fault they messed up and wasn't my fault that they were short that night. So Blossom and I argued about it and it got to a point where we were just standing there staring at eachother. I went on my break shortly after cause I couldn't stand the place or Blossom anymore at the time. I almost just filled out my time sheet and left, but I decided I couldn't afford that. Later another co-worker and I took a break together and went to check out the rent a center guy, who happened to be standing outside and I snubbed out of shyness. Gahhhhhhhhhhh!

So heres today: I come into work early because there was a lot of stuff to be cleaned up from Saturday and I was just dreading coming in after my day on Saturday. First thing my boss asks me my cashier number so she can talk to me about a transaction mistake if it was my fault. Guess what it wasn't me! It was Blossom! She rang a return in as a sale and it caused us to be 100 dollars short! Good thing she didn't work today or I would have done something immature like yell, "In your face!" in her face. Then later my boss pulls me into her office to talk to me. Guess what? I got a raise! She says she wants me to stay so she's giving me a raise. I was so excited though that I forgot to ask how much. laugh.gif I guess I'll find out on Wednesday. Oh and I get made full time next week cause school's out. The thing with rent a center guy wasn't rectified becaue I didn't want to walk down the to copy shop after what I did on Saturday. It's ok though cause I got a raise! and it was Blossom's fault not mine! laugh.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Dec 9 2003, 03:30 AM
Post #2

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 80

I'm glad that everything worked out! smile.gif Congratulations on the raise! And the shortage problem didn't even have anything to do with the cash register messing--which wasn't your fault anyways! Hopefully, you'll get to see the Rent A Center guy sometime soon so you can smile and make up for snubbing him last weekend. tongue.gif lol JJ

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Dec 9 2003, 03:33 AM
Post #3

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

You showed that bee-atch wink.gif Nice work!

Ya i have been accused like that before and proved im innocent, showed them indeed, good work Lolo! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 9 2003, 08:27 AM
Post #4

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

In Your FACE Blossom!

me does happy lucky smiley LoLo dance of joy

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Dec 9 2003, 09:25 AM
Post #5

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

w00t!! A raise an bein proved right AND gettin one over on that snotty cow! How much better could the day possibly get before it becomes unreal??

/me uberhugs lolo

I'm glad ya had a good day, lo. Heaven knows ya deserve a good few more of 'em. An jus fer the record...

/me points a finger at Blossom

IN YER FACE, BEE-ATCH!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 11 2003, 02:27 AM
Post #6

Kiefer > Jason

My raise was to 7.25 an hour. Isn't great, but it's more than I was expecting. I'm just making 3 cents less an hour than I was when I was the 2nd Assistant manager at the music store. Oh and at this place I'm just a hard working peon. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jicama
post Dec 11 2003, 04:52 AM
Post #7

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Group: New Members
Member No.: 46

go you!

and hooray for being a peon. i like being a peon, you don't have any big resposiblities, you can day dream the whole time(depending on the job), and when the days over, you can just go home.

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 11 2003, 05:06 AM
Post #8

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (jicama @ Dec 10 2003, 08:51 PM)
go you!

and hooray for being a peon.  i like being a peon, you don't have any big resposiblities, you can day dream the whole time(depending on the job), and when the days over, you can just go home.

Exactly! I've been rather enjoying being a peon at this job. It is the first job where I haven't been promoted above peon status, although they keep talking about doing it and gah that would just ruin it. laugh.gif I don't really like this job, but hell if they're going to pay me almost as much as I did when I was a manager, that shows they at least appreciate me, and it's nice being appreciated. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Dec 11 2003, 06:52 AM
Post #9

Ai Ravana-hime

Member No.: 421

*applause* Ah the Wide and Wacky World of Retail *sighs*

Good work Lo! *hugs*

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 11 2003, 10:25 AM
Post #10

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

go lo! tongue.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Dec 11 2003, 10:30 AM
Post #11

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

im happy you had a happy day, and i hope you have more happy days... you happy> pudding

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 09:12 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!