Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disappearing Avatars, Why?
spiffilicious05
post Dec 11 2003, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

Okay, I don't know if anyone else has this problem but, my avatar disappeared. I tried to get it back, or even find a new picture, but I cant. Every time I put in a site for a pic, it won't work, and it has all the times before. Could someone help me please? I'm so confused. huh.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 11 2003, 03:25 AM
Post #2

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 649

sounds to me like its on your end.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Dec 11 2003, 03:49 AM
Post #3

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

are you sure that the address of the pic is correct? are you sure the website allows hosting?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Dec 11 2003, 03:52 AM
Post #4

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Obviously it's on her end, since our avatars are still showing up. tongue.gif

Okay spiffilicious, I clicked the properties for your avatar, and the address came out to be this:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/html /avatars /web.mit.edu/philip/www/%20sailormoon/hotaru.jpg (without the spaces...silly auto-formatting thing)

Since Mata doesn't allow us to upload avs, I'm assuming you don't want the matazone.co.blah blah there. What is the address for your avatar meant to be? web.mit.edu/all that other stuff?? It just looks to me like there's extra stuff at the beginning that somehow got pasted on there, so you just need to scroll over and delete. it. smile.gif

If that doesn't work, then the site probably doesn't allow direct linking. If that's the case, then save the avatar to your hard drive, go to www.webpost.net, and set up an account with them (click on login, then click "get my free website"). When you upload the avatar file, the address to link it will be http://www.webpost.net/ the first two letters of your account name/ your account name / the picture file name.file extension (like .jpg or .gif). -- obviously without all those spaces and replacing the actual names for what I put. biggrin.gif

I hope that helps! smile.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Pab
post Dec 11 2003, 10:02 AM
Post #5

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

OO

... the doctor is in .... go cand!

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Dec 11 2003, 11:49 AM
Post #6

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

http://web.mit.edu/philip/www/ seems to exist but the /%20sailormoon/hotaru.jpg bit after doesn't, so that's an address which can't be persuaded to work.

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/html definitely shouldn't be there though.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Dec 11 2003, 01:14 PM
Post #7

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

I often have a problem faffing with avatars.

I'll try to paste the address of an image from somewhere off the interweb and the box I'm pasting in just won't accecpt it. I've only ever had this problem on my PC at home though.

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 09:39 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!