Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saddam Hussein Has Been Captured In Iraq
Sun Tsu
post Dec 14 2003, 01:55 PM
Post #1

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Group: New Members
Member No.: 29

Just giving out the news for anyone who does'nt know. Full story here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Dec 14 2003, 02:00 PM
Post #2

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

God lord....
I almost thought you were pulling my leg and then I turned on the TV...It's on every channel.
Wow...
I'm not really sure what to say right now except...wow.......

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Dec 14 2003, 02:01 PM
Post #3

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (Marsyas @ Dec 14 2003, 01:59 PM)
God lord....
I almost thought you were pulling my leg and then I turned on the TV...It's on every channel.
Wow...
I'm not really sure what to say right now except...wow.......

Oh, i'm not that cruel. I'm pretty shocked too. I just woke up an hour ago and it's everywhere.

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Dec 14 2003, 02:05 PM
Post #4

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 15

my first reaction when i saw this on the news was "'bout f*cking time".

which is a bit too harsh, obviously, but i was sleepy. gimme a break. *sings the kit kat commercial*

but i'm glad they caught him. i mean, even though i'm opposed to the war, the capture of saddam is definitelly a good thing. now, of course, the question comes up: will he be tried at the hague or will the US demand that he be executed and try him here?

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Dec 14 2003, 02:41 PM
Post #5

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

Well, this is definitely going to be a big test for America's commitment to justice. With any luck, he'll be summarily executed and the Bush administration will be universally condemned.
And what the hell was he doing in Iraq in his hometown? Most. Obvious. Hiding. Place. Ever. *Smacks head*

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Dec 14 2003, 03:39 PM
Post #6

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

The first thing that came to my mind was I hope it doesn't end up boosting Bush's political career. The last thing I want is for him to be re-elected. Blegh. Sort of an odd thing to be the first thought in my mind, I guess, but I just woke up, so tongue.gif

I swear, if he does get re-elected, I'm moving to Canada. dry.gif

And I have to agree with Polo about that hiding place. Yeesh. Not exactly the most clever plan.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 14 2003, 03:44 PM
Post #7

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I woke up, my mom says, "Saddam has been captured." I said huh? she told me again and I said ok, what should I have for breakfast. Viva la cheddar! laugh.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Zesty
post Dec 14 2003, 04:05 PM
Post #8

From: The United States of America. Except on Tuesday mornings when i travel into another dimension for an hour or so.
Member No.: 660

QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 14 2003, 03:43 PM)
." I said huh? she told me again and I said ok, what should I have for breakfast. Viva la cheddar! laugh.gif

when i found out i broke out the champagne and swung around on chandeliers.

HOORAY! biggrin.gif *rides a horse thu while holding an america flag*

--------------------
Amelie has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. Its a perfect moment. Soft light... a scent in the air, the quiet murmur of the city. She breathes deeply. Life is simple and clear. A surge of love, an urge to help mankind comes over her..

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Dec 14 2003, 04:14 PM
Post #9

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Member No.: 644

HURRAY!!!!!!!!

And when we are done with him we can give him to the Iraqis to be publicly executed as they see fit! Maybe I can help them out. Always wanted to hang someone by their scrotum. laugh.gif

By the way, did you see his face? He looks like hell! Then again I would too if I was living in a hole for a few months.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
Zesty
post Dec 14 2003, 04:17 PM
Post #10

From: The United States of America. Except on Tuesday mornings when i travel into another dimension for an hour or so.

I do not think saddam deserves any mercy. He has tortured and killed soooooo many people. I am sure there are a lot of IRaquis who would love to get their hands on him.

May the new government in IRaq be one of freedom and peace. Now that the past has been dealt with the future can be planned.

--------------------
Amelie has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. Its a perfect moment. Soft light... a scent in the air, the quiet murmur of the city. She breathes deeply. Life is simple and clear. A surge of love, an urge to help mankind comes over her..

+Quote Post
kk_lost
post Dec 14 2003, 04:26 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 776

*dances* u don mess w/ the u.s.!! how many times do we have to tell this world that?? *sigh* u'd think they would learn... ne way! WHEE! good news!!!!!!!!

--------------------
I am alone, I have lots of friends, I have people who love me, I have people who care, Still i am alone.
The world is full of hate, The world is full of love, The world is full for you, but, The world is empty for me.
You try to help, but, You hurt, You try to comfort, but, You cause pain, You try to be kind, but, You end up being mean, You try to help me stand, But I fall instead.
I am a freak, I am ugly, I am one of a kind, I am out of my mind, I am depressed, I am ok, I am empty, I am alone...

+Quote Post
Fluffy
post Dec 14 2003, 04:36 PM
Post #12

Haibane

Member No.: 731

Yay! Perhaps now we will stop this senseless war! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Odd Numbers = Raisins
Proudly e-married to Silver Star! This happened on January 11, 2004.
I'm DarkProtector's foob!

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Dec 14 2003, 04:58 PM
Post #13

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

and there's a snowstorm here so we're not gonna see regular tv for awhile...

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Twitching
post Dec 14 2003, 05:17 PM
Post #14

like peppermint aftertaste

Member No.: 714

biggrin.gif Yay!

I found out just now, because this was posted. We don't really watch the news at my house, since my little sister controls the tv. So we watch the Wiggles instead. huh.gif dry.gif

But yeah. Yay!

--------------------
Medae is my n00b!

Oink!

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Dec 14 2003, 05:37 PM
Post #15

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

yeah im sure thell act the same way we did when the slaves were freed. there how many people in iraq? im sure if they really wanted to they could have thrown hussien out of office themselves. nothings goin to change, thats the way they have lived for a long long time and it will be several hundereds of years befor anything changes. thats there heratige. that there life. franckly i thinko sadom should be freed at once.

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
cait
post Dec 14 2003, 05:45 PM
Post #16

Social Introvert, Sporatic Poster

Member No.: 747

Naw dude, it was totally santa claus they captured.

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Dec 14 2003, 06:16 PM
Post #17

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

QUOTE (candice @ Dec 14 2003, 09:38 AM)
The first thing that came to my mind was I hope it doesn't end up boosting Bush's political career. The last thing I want is for him to be re-elected. Blegh. Sort of an odd thing to be the first thought in my mind, I guess, but I just woke up, so tongue.gif

I swear, if he does get re-elected, I'm moving to Canada. dry.gif

OMG Cand, those are soooo exactly my thoughts right now....it's enough to make me think that somehow GW had a deal with Saddam's buddies to let him capture Saddam just so he'd be able to boost his flagging political career at the time when it's most important....a month before the Iowa and New Hampshire caucuses....

Well, I'm not fooled! Hooray for finding Saddam, GW, now get the hell out of office!

...and your "If he gets re-elected I'm moving to Canada"....if he does get re-elected, you'll probably be seeing me when you get to Canada...happy.gif Some friends of mine from work and I all agreed to do the same thing in that emergency!

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 14 2003, 06:43 PM
Post #18

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

i heard it on the radio on a break...everyone just went "yes!!" at once! it's good methinks smile.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Zesty
post Dec 14 2003, 06:50 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Dec 14 2003, 05:36 PM)
im sure if they really wanted to they could have thrown hussien out of office themselves.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

ppl who tried that ended up being thrown into wood chipping machines.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Dec 14 2003, 07:05 PM
Post #20

The fact that he was captured so early before elections surprises me, and proves its not ALL public relations. The primaries have nothign to do with Bush, so that isn't the issue. However the capture has been laced with PR, like "we gave saddam a shave".

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Dec 14 2003, 08:50 PM
Post #21

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (Zesty @ Dec 14 2003, 04:16 PM)
I do not think saddam deserves any mercy. He has tortured and killed soooooo many people. I am sure there are a lot of IRaquis who would love to get their hands on him.

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. The US, it is to be hoped, is not Hussein's regime, nor is the UN. Hussein deserves humane treatment and a fair trial, just like everybody else.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Dec 14 2003, 09:21 PM
Post #22

May the new government in IRaq be one of freedom and peace. Now that the past has been dealt with the future can be planned.

Can I edit that slightly to read:
"May the new Iraq be one of freedom, peace and justice."

If the Iraqi people don't see justice being handed out properly, they may as well rename the country "Camp Delta" and go around calling themselves Osama.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Dec 14 2003, 09:27 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 14 2003, 03:49 PM)

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. The US, it is to be hoped, is not Hussein's regime, nor is the UN. Hussein deserves humane treatment and a fair trial, just like everybody else.

Leave the dog to the Iraqi people. He has caused crimes against them that can never truly be repaired, but the joy of seeing his blood spill ould be a welcome sight to many an Iraqi. You are right Commie, he is not the US, therefore we should have no obligation to treat him humanely.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Dec 14 2003, 09:33 PM
Post #24

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Dec 14 2003, 09:26 PM)
You are right Commie, he is not the US, therefore we should have no obligation to treat him humanely.

Oh, I get it now. Only Americans get human rights. Everyone else can go f*ck themselves. Thanks for clearing that up.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Dec 14 2003, 09:34 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Dec 14 2003, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 14 2003, 03:49 PM)

Leave the dog to the Iraqi people. He has caused crimes against them that can never truly be repaired, but the joy of seeing his blood spill ould be a welcome sight to many an Iraqi. You are right Commie, he is not the US, therefore we should have no obligation to treat him humanely.

I'm sorry, that kind of attitude is beyond detestable to me. It is EXACTLY that belief that got the World Trade Centre knocked down, and it is exactly that belief that will bring about the downfall of American civilisation. It is my sincere belief that anyone and everyone who supports that attitude should be summarily executed.

Go vote Republican and get the hell off of my post-Enlightenment planet.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 06:08 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!