Forum Rules 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spreading The Word, telling the world about The Other Side
northerntigress
post Jan 19 2004, 09:14 AM
Post #1

Group: New Members
From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (where the big mall is, eh?)
Member No.: 854

On Saturday night, a bunch of my friends were bored and looking up stuff on the internet, so I told them to go to Matazone. I showed them Samuri Lapin first, then we looked at the Mittens anims, then all the Little Goth Girls. We all share the same slightly-twisted sense of humour, so it was great. We stayed up til 2am just watching the screen!

We are all really tempted to get some of those T-Shirts, but I'd be worried about the shipping charges from UK to Canada. I might be worth it though.....

Keep up the great work Mata!!!

the Tigress

--------------------
But the wildest of all the wild animals was the Cat. He walked by himself, and all places were alike to him.
~~ Rudyard Kipling

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jan 20 2004, 02:53 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (northerntigress @ Jan 19 2004, 01:13 AM)
We are all really tempted to get some of those T-Shirts, but I'd be worried about the shipping charges from UK to Canada. I might be worth it though.....

Oh it is worth it. I must say that the shirts I have may have cost more than what I normally pay for a T-shirt, but they all look brand new still. The logo's don't crack or peal and you can just tell it's a quality shirt. I'd rather pay more for a shirt that lasts longer than pay little amounts for shirts that wear out fast. On top of that you could look super schway with matazone threads. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Jan 20 2004, 03:42 AM
Post #3

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 829

I agree, Lo, the shirts are really good quality. Considering my "I can smell your brains." shirt is still in great condition, and I have had it.. Well.. I've had it since hm.. well... Last year. Its not in my possesion at the moment, but it still looks great, along with all my newer matazone shirts. They are great, and I must have more!

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Jan 20 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #4

<3

Member No.: 806

I still need to get one. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
cristyblah
post Jan 22 2004, 11:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 886

I think this website is awesome it is the best thing in the world. The first time I saw snowdrop and mittens was at a Rocky Horror Picture Show gathering and they had it going on the massive screen in the back and i thought it was the greatest thing in the world so i look at it all the time and i have a button i made out of one of the foroum things on my my little pony website haha. ph34r.gif Also, I just ordered a shirt and the shipping is pretty reasonable, i paid like 6 bucks thats better then when I shipped a poster to India!! I think Mata is awesome and I will continue to buy stuff. biggrin.gif

--------------------
visit me and my ponies at www.ponymania.com we will be waiting....

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 23 2004, 04:16 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

ohmy.gif My animations have been shown on a big screen to a crowd?!?!? Wheeeeee!!!!! biggrin.gif

Err... Anyway, 'glad you like the animations, and if you're worried about the shipping rates then you can check them out in advance by clicking on one of the 'add shipping' buttons in the shop and seeing what they are before you buy.

The more T-shirts you buy at once the cheaper the shipping works out per-top. I'm not like some websites that sell their stock cheap then add loads onto what it really costs to send things. Also, with the weakness of the US dollar at the moment the prices are a bit of a bargain!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jan 23 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #7

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (EvilSpoon @ Jan 20 2004, 03:41 AM)
I agree, Lo, the shirts are really good quality. Considering my "I can smell your brains." shirt is still in great condition, and I have had it.. Well.. I've had it since hm.. well... Last year. Its not in my possesion at the moment, but it still looks great, along with all my newer matazone shirts. They are great, and I must have more!

One of my tops has lasted brilliantly (This is my world LGG one) but the other one has stretched down one side (LGG goes nuts). It's still OK enough to wear though but I wish my t-shirts wouldn't do that sad.gif I think I need a new washing machine

/me goes to Comet biggrin.gif

EDIT: I'm sure it is my washing machine, I don't want people to think Mata's t-shirts are poo....coz they ain't.....they are brilliant!!!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
cristyblah
post Jan 23 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #8

I feel so special I didn't think Mata would actually see my post lol. But yes that is how I found about matazone was thru The Rocky I love you Mata haha. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 24 2004, 10:45 AM
Post #9

I look at a lot of the posts in here, but I don't usually reply to a lot of them otherwise I'd spend all day typing here and never getting any work done (although it has become harder to animate since I started these forums!).

Pixie, I've found that some of the first print run of the LGG goes nuts T-shirts seem to have had a problem with the white layer. They're fine when I get them but after about twenty or thirty washes they crack a bit. I'm quite annoyed about it actually because I take great pride in the quality of the prints I nag my printers into giving me, but apparently I didn't nag hard enough that time!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Jan 24 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #10

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 23 2004, 10:15 AM)
ohmy.gif My animations have been shown on a big screen to a crowd?!?!? Wheeeeee!!!!! biggrin.gif

I have a friend in Australia who says she went to a local club near Perth to see some friends of hers in a band, and there were no less than 10 people wandering around in Matazone t-shirts. She thought it was odd until the band started playing and all of THEM were wearing matazone t-shirts, the drumkit was covered with Mr. Snaffleburgers, and they were showing the Mittens episodes on a screen behind them while they played happy.gif Apparently this band is one of your biggest fans down there tongue.gif

Also, with the weakness of the US dollar at the moment the prices are a bit of a bargain!

Hooray for our crappy economy!!!! Did anyone catch Bush's latest State of the Union? He claims our economy has undergone a major uprising thanks to "all of us"...how about "thanks to all of us, in spite of everything Washington did"? Ugh...I hate this president. But at least he made buying things from foreign countries cheaper!!!

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
cristyblah
post Jan 24 2004, 11:26 PM
Post #11

lol I can understand why you wouldnt reply to all of them. Completely understandable, it was just an unexpected visit. biggrin.gif Thats really cool about the band in Australia.... really cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 25 2004, 05:31 PM
Post #12

Err... I've only sent... Ooo, probably less than six T-shirts to Australia. It sounds like there's a major case of bootlegging going on there. Could you find out some more details about the band please, I'd be very interested in finding out where they bought their T-shirts from!

Actually the US economy has made it more expensive for you to buy things from other countries, it's just that because I sell in US dollars I then get hit by the rubbish exchange rate and I don't have time to spend several hours changing the prices in my shop everytime the dollar slumps and devalues even further. I have no idea what Bush is talking about when he says about a revival in your economy because this time last year $1000 = about 670, currenly $1000 = around 540. It's dropped a massive amount in it's value on the global market!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
cristyblah
post Jan 26 2004, 02:39 AM
Post #13

Yeah that does suck sometimes I don't like living in America Bush is so .... nvm... my point is is it has gotten rediculous.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Jan 29 2004, 01:46 AM
Post #14

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 25 2004, 11:30 AM)
I have no idea what Bush is talking about when he says about a revival in your economy because this time last year $1000 = about 670, currenly $1000 = around 540. It's dropped a massive amount in it's value on the global market!

Yeah, I have no idea what Bush was talking about either. The bf and I were watching the State of the Union on MSNBC online, and we were both hollering at Bush-on-the-Screen that he was a lying sack of excrement...happy.gif I sure as heck know MY monetary situation hasn't improved a whit since the depression hit.

Regarding the band in Aussie...I'll try to get more info. Unless there's a large group of Aussies that have been getting their shirts mailed to them by cross-continental friends, that does seem pretty weird....

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Jan 29 2004, 10:08 AM
Post #15

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Member No.: 822

I have a friend in Australia who says she went to a local club near Perth to see some friends of hers in a band, and there were no less than 10 people wandering around in Matazone t-shirts. She thought it was odd until the band started playing and all of THEM were wearing matazone t-shirts, the drumkit was covered with Mr. Snaffleburgers, and they were showing the Mittens episodes on a screen behind them while they played  Apparently this band is one of your biggest fans down there

hmmm seen as i live near perth I will keep an eye out for underground t-shirt operations and make sure that if I see anyone with a bootleg'ged Matazone t-shirt I'll rip it off them and shove it up their.... ohmy.gif sorry I get kinda emotional about my matazone.

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
cristyblah
post Jan 30 2004, 03:05 AM
Post #16

I just got my shirt in the mail and it looks great! Thank you Mata. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 31 2004, 01:40 AM
Post #17

No problem, I've messed up and order in the last couple of days for the first time in ages so a lady in the UK and a chap in the US have got eachother's T-shirts... Oops! Ah well, these things are bound to happen occasionally, I'm glad I got your one right and you like it.

You should've mentioned you are on my forums I would've put a few babges in with your T-shirt too!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 3 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #18

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 30 2004, 08:39 PM)
You should've mentioned you are on my forums I would've put a few babges in with your T-shirt too!

Sweet. I tell folks all the time about the site and the forums. I'll mention a few when I actually have the cash to order a shirt. dry.gif

I have a load of friends and acquaintences whom I tell about Matazone. So many guys I know love web animations and Matazone is DEFINATELY a primo site.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
cristyblah
post Feb 3 2004, 10:27 PM
Post #19

Aww really... *sniffle* i wish i would have known. Oh well, there will be another shirt order in the near future so you can do it then lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
antagony
post Feb 5 2004, 08:13 AM
Post #20

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 560

Well, I found out about this place from Sean, and I've told a few friends about it since then. None of them post on the forums, unfortunately, and I don't think they appreciate the animations as much as I do (except for Shibs, of course, but she's special smile.gif) but I'm still spreading the word!

I really want to buy some t-shirts, but I just can't afford them. The Singapore dollar is tied to the US dollar in some way (though it's worth quite a bit less) so our economy isn't doing too great either. Meh. Maybe I should convince my parents that I really need some new t-shirts...

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

Urban Freakshow now has a forum // Do you blog here often?

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Feb 5 2004, 03:19 PM
Post #21

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

I had a link to this site in my sig at another forum, and all of my friends magically followed me here. I like it because I can get away from the parts of the other forum that I detest, and the people here really let the inner me come out without the added pressure of being judged. You all are so very kind and openminded...

And it all started when someone in my AP Biology class last year wanted to show me the first Mittens animation...happy.gif

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
TerminalFrost
post Feb 5 2004, 08:37 PM
Post #22

Super advanced member

Member No.: 926

For me, looking at the animations and such started by clicking on the link in Marsyas' signature at the other message board we go to. I have shown my friends the other animations and they love them.

--------------------
Terminal Frost
Band Geek / Cycling Freak (Go David Millar!)
Queenie shows me around this cool place...
My Blog
My Photos

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Feb 8 2004, 05:28 AM
Post #23

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I'm always surprised by all the people I run into who know about the anims even before I run my mouth about them. ^^ I earned my second semester computer credits by pretending to do work while I played the 'yes we have no weapons of mass destruction' game. Good times, good times...

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 10 2004, 12:10 PM
Post #24

Ah, Matazone, distracting people from their work since 2001 smile.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Feb 10 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #25

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 10 2004, 07:09 AM)
Ah, Matazone, distracting people from their work since 2001 smile.gif

And making people scratch up 'bout $30 for a mittens t-shirt smile.gif That a certain female friend of mine still ought to give back to me.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 03:34 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!