Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite Canceled Show
Fallen1015
post Feb 11 2004, 01:09 AM
Post #1

forum duct tape enthusiast

Group: New Members
Member No.: 901

i have a recent buffy the vampire slayer fixation.. whats everyone elses favorite?
also.. can somene tell me what happened on the last buffy? cause i missed it.. and i was sad.. *tear*

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommandeerOfSoul...
post Feb 11 2004, 01:52 AM
Post #2

forever awesome

Member No.: 372

Family Guy, but they're bringing it back in '05.. and I think they're making a movie too!

--------------------
I hated my old signature. This is far better.
My deviantART page
Highly Flamable.com (my [awesome] webpage)
Jeeze.. this isn't better.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Feb 11 2004, 01:58 AM
Post #3

Took this grammar!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 165

Damn, you took my show... buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Though, in the 6th and 7th season it did get all a bit soap operay and angsty. And I mean more than usual.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Fallen1015
post Feb 11 2004, 02:12 AM
Post #4

but did the world come to an end or something? i didnt really watch the last season.. i wish i would have.. *tear*

i saw the crazy priest guy or whatever he was.. and i didnt see what came of all that..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Feb 11 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #5

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

SEMI SPOILER

from what i can piece together (i never watched all of it either), spike got a soul, they fought the prime evil, made a mini army of potential slayers, found a nifty slayer weapon, kicked some prime evil arse and spike sacrificed himself to kill the neadertal (sp?) vampires (but he comes back in the new series of angel as some kind of cool ghosty thing)

...thats all i remember/got

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Feb 11 2004, 03:41 AM
Post #6

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

*nods* Family Guy, I agree.

I can't imagine what I would do without my dosage of Stewie... I love Stewie! Bahahaha

+Quote Post
Fallen1015
post Feb 11 2004, 03:50 AM
Post #7

daria.. i love daria too.. i miss it..
does anyone remember god, the devil, and bob? it was only on like.. 5 times, but it was great..

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkx
post Feb 11 2004, 03:56 AM
Post #8

Worrying

Member No.: 937

i dont' remember that but i do remember daria *nods*

--------------------
um.. i'm monkey_called_narth's n00b..

+Quote Post
jicama
post Feb 11 2004, 05:20 AM
Post #9

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Member No.: 46

ya, daria and buffy were super great. i also miss:

milennium- it was by chris carter (x-files) and was a dark little sci-fi drama about the apocolypse.

the lone gunmen- an x-files spin off. i was funny and had a lot of promise.

earth 2- they were only on for half a season when i was a kid, but i thought it was quite good.

dungeons and dragons- it was the geekiest cartoon ever, and got cancelled after it's first season! luckily i've got some of the epi's on tape!

firefly- by joss whedon. i think airing it on fox doomed it from the start, but it was good.

the tick cartoon- much better than the live action, and sorely missed.

wow... it seems like almost every show i like is doomed to be cancelled!

there's tng and ds9 too, but they weren't exactly cancelled they just ended and ended well, so i guess they don't count...

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Feb 11 2004, 08:43 AM
Post #10

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, even though I totally agree with Jaq about the last two seasons going downhill. I just couldn't avert my eyes for the last horrific seasons of the show. And they were totally out of ideas for the show, you could tell. Horrible writing, horrible plots, and lots of new annoying characters (Kennedy must die!).

Greg the Bunny, a show that only lasted a season, if even that. Luckily, we had the forethought to record every episode, so we can still watch it whenever we like.

Futurama - no idea why such a great show could have been cancelled.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
antagony
post Feb 11 2004, 10:44 AM
Post #11

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 560

Um... Invader Zim was cancelled, wasn't it? Because I love that show, even though I'm sure it was cancelled already when I started watching it. We only get reruns on TV here anyway.

Also, Seinfeld was great. They stopped it at just the right time, though.

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

Urban Freakshow now has a forum // Do you blog here often?

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 11 2004, 11:01 AM
Post #12

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Buffy was good but its time had come. The last episode really saw them back on form though I thought.

Personally I miss Dark Angel, it was a James Cameron rip-off of William Gibson (the first series especially, I don't know how they escaped accusations of plagiarism). Dark Angel was cancelled because of Firefly, which just makes it more annoying. Jos Whedon made a pilot for Firefly, spent lots of money and apparently it was awful, so Fox gave him all the money for the next season of Dark Angel to make another one. Grr!

I'm with Jicama on missing Millennium and The Lone Gunmen. Millennium had some really creepy moments in it and was building a really interesting plot, it's never even had a full release on video, let alone DVD! Grr again. TLG was just a good laugh.

My main one for the moment though is John Doe. I was really enjoying that series, but it only got the one showing and now it's cancelled. Thrice grr!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Feb 11 2004, 11:38 AM
Post #13

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

ok, now i wish i'd watched the last episode of buffy...i have an obsessed friend who kept me filled in on the plots, so i guess i would have enjoyed it! sad.gif
i loved family guy, and daria...hmm, why did they all go?

i just read something...jicama, do you mean THE TICK?? as in

"SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON??"

i loved that so much! laugh.gif
and i miss dark angel too, because it was a good idea, and because her motorbike was the inspiration for all my dreams of becoming a leather-clad bike riding uni student and having that oh so sexy bike for my very own... sad.gif not that it would have worked for me cause i think i'm too short for it!

oh, and i remember god, the devil and bob cool.gif that was a super cool program, i wish it had never stopped showing!

my input being i miss futurama being shown on terrestrial (or even freeview) tv anymore...it was, like, my favourite program for sooooo long...i loved bender and fry...and all of them...oh, the inhumanity of it *cries*

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Feb 11 2004, 01:06 PM
Post #14

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

i have a recent buffy the vampire slayer fixation.. whats everyone elses favorite?
also.. can somene tell me what happened on the last buffy? cause i missed it.. and i was sad.. *tear*

Unfortunately my family doesn't watch a lot of tv, and we don't have cable. I liked to watch Buffy but it was changed to a cable station and I have now missed random episodes because it's randomly changed back and forth. I missed the majority of the last season. Someday I'd like to buy all the episodes in the series and have a Buffython --- watching buffy kick some arse for days on end. laugh.gif

yay for buffy

*giggles* and yay for spike *drools*

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Feb 11 2004, 01:22 PM
Post #15

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

QUOTE (Fallen1015 @ Feb 10 2004, 07:08 PM)

Buffy is very sadly missed. Yes it did kindof go all bad near the end, but they had some great episodes in their too -- the Musical, the whole Dark Willow saga, Andrew's "Buffy the Slayer of Vampyres" ("come with me, gentle viewers" *titter*), and the last episode, which I thought worked fairly well.

I also miss Farscape, even though I didn't watch it very regularly.

Spoilers:
SPS generally got it right:

spike got a soul, they fought the prime evil, made a mini army of potential slayers, found a nifty slayer weapon, kicked some prime evil arse and spike sacrificed himself to kill the neadertal (sp?) vampires (but he comes back in the new series of angel as some kind of cool ghosty thing

However, they make a big deal about how "Buffy is always alone" (which is kind of lame, considering that what has always made her the strongest Slayer Evar in the past is the fact that she *isn't* alone, she has friends, which no other Slayer ever had before). The "First" (Evil, that is) tries to kill off all the Slayers (that is, Faith and Buffy) and all the Slayer potentials to end the Slayer line, by opening up some seal thing and releasing a bunch of uber-vamps into the world. The evil priest guy is really misogynistic, hence is like the perfect villain for Buffy (woman hater versus the uber-powerful woman). Spike gets his soul back, which makes him go crazy for a bit, the First plays around with SPike for a bit and makes him kill people, but then he stops being crazy. Angel brings an amulet (possibly from the "powers that be" on Angel's show, but it's really unclear) which Spike uses to destroy the Hellmouth and all of Sunnydale (big smouldering pit in the ground, yay!). But the best part is, they find this cool Slayer axe thing, which witch-goddess-Willow uses to make every last one of the Slayer potentials into Slayers. Hence there is no longer a "she alone who will stand against the vampires," but a many who will stand against the vampires. I thought it was a very suitable way to end the show, seeing as how killing her (for the third time) would have really been lame.

</end rant>

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Feb 11 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #16

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

ooo...sounds good...thanks tiger, for that, i'm off to track it down somehow and watch it with me girls cool.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Feb 11 2004, 03:48 PM
Post #17

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I haven't watched TV for quite a long time, so I could be wrong, but I don't think Goodness Gracious Me is on any more, which is a damn shame, because it was hilarious.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
darkspree
post Feb 11 2004, 04:37 PM
Post #18

Super advanced member

Member No.: 874

Oh wow Farscape was fun, I watched most of the episodes until they became monotonous and you were left wondering whether you had already watched that episode because they all seemed the same.

Was it cancelled though? Hm. I know it is on the Sci-Fi channel every so often.. or at least.. it could be that channel.

--------------------
I decided to be XTREME and not have a signature.. Waiiit a minute!

+Quote Post
markslut
post Feb 11 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #19

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

The Strangerers (Rob Grant penned and starring Mark Williams) was a cheesy thing about 2 aliens dressed as 20's film stars stuck on Earth shown on Sky One - Never repeated!

Super Adventure Team - MTV piss take of Thunderbirds, not only cancelled (after Gerry Anderson sued) but also sold to Gerry Anderson, rumour has it that all trace has been destroyed mad.gif

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
jessipuff
post Feb 11 2004, 07:31 PM
Post #20

Super advanced member

Member No.: 497

QUOTE (Fallen1015 @ Feb 11 2004, 03:49 AM)
does anyone remember god, the devil, and bob? it was only on like.. 5 times, but it was great..

I loved that programme! :sniffs:

How about Urban Gothic, anyone? That was rather good. And CHiPs of course, though I believe that's still going somewhere in the depths of sky.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Feb 11 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #21

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

MC Jonman in the house, spinning it back to '86.

M to the A to the Nimal.

Yeah, Manimal

Oooh, and Automan

Two of the greatest Saturday daytime TV shows ever. Although I dare say that watching them today without nostalgia goggles on would reveal them to be rubbish.

Don't watch much TV these days, and the only shows I have been hooked on are Sopranos and Six Feet Under, neither of which has been cancelled yet.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Feb 11 2004, 08:38 PM
Post #22

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Member No.: 252

yes... family guy, daria, and invader zim *tears up* i need a moment..sad.gif

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Feb 11 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #23

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

OK the shows that I miss are many. Buffy, Farscape (that last episode should have caused the death of the writer grrr!) Sabrina the Teenage witch, Vampire the Masquerade (one series on sky2) Poltergeist the Legacy, Babylon 5 ( I know it went crud when they tried to keep it going but it was soo cool) Beauty and the Beast (Sarah from Terminator) and of course He man and She Ra, by far the coolest adverts ever to have been made.

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Feb 12 2004, 04:54 AM
Post #24

Rabid Saskatchewanian

QUOTE (Faerieryn @ Feb 11 2004, 03:36 PM)
Babylon 5 ( I know it went crud when they tried to keep it going but it was soo cool) Beauty and the Beast (Sarah from Terminator) and of course He man and She Ra, by far the coolest adverts ever to have been made.

Babylon 5 - I nearly cried in those last parting moments between Delenn and Sheridan... The story arc just worked so beautifully, despite some less-than-superb acting. *dries eyes*

Oh, and you're *so* right about He-Man and She-Ra. I actually preferred the second -- the storylines were a little better thought out, plus She-Ra actually had a few more powers than just *crush kill destroy* He-Man.

I also forgot to mention, of course, Fawlty Towers -- the funniest Britcom ever, but it sadly had such a short run...

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Feb 12 2004, 04:57 AM
Post #25

Rabid Saskatchewanian

QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 11 2004, 05:00 AM)
Dark Angel was cancelled because of Firefly, which just makes it more annoying. Jos Whedon made a pilot for Firefly, spent lots of money and apparently it was awful, so Fox gave him all the money for the next season of Dark Angel to make another one.

Yeah, but that's Fox for you. First they cancelled a good show for Firefly, and then they cancelled it too (and it wasn't *that* bad, in my estimation)... Fox just shouldn't be showing sci-fi type shows, if you ask me. It's really the wrong demographic (unless you get something super-camp-craptastic like Andromeda). Plus they screw around with the schedules so much that you're bound to lose viewership. mad.gif

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 04:20 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!