Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You Know You're A Geek When..., the pinnacle of nerd-ness
acidteardrop
post Apr 15 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 649

the other day I was driving along with some people, and it was about sunset. It was a gorgeous evening, I must say, with the trees just hiding all but the top of the sun, and the sky alight with hues of lavender, scarlet, gold, and flame-orange. The foreground, mixed with the trees behind and the skyline in the back created a three level effect, much like in games (i.e. super mario world, the three speed screen scrolling). Of course my mind would revert to video games, and without thinking I said aloud, "The resolution on the background is incredible!" I didn't realize that I was IRL until someone tapped me on the shoulder and said, "You are the biggest geek I've ever met." I pulled up to the side of the road, stone faced, stared forward for a second, and everyone, myself included, exploded with raucious laughter. Best moment of my weekend.

Anyone else have an incurrence like this? Something that happens, either you do or say that proves your absolute geekdom.

I recall another incident when I was but six. I was carousing in the yard, as children often do, after it had just rained. My mother scolded me not to jump in puddles.
A little background before I continue, I played Super Mario World avidly back then. My every day began when I got home and powered on my Super Nintendo, Mario cartridge plugged in, and relaxed to the soothing view of 16-bit graphics. My sisters played too, and whenever one of us would fall, we would always say, "But I pushed jump," as an excuse to why we died.
So here I was, playing in the wet ground, and we are told to get in the car, we were going to whereever. Immediately I turned and stepped in a puddle. My mother screamed at me, and when asked why I did it I said:
"But I pushed jump!"

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Apr 15 2004, 07:31 PM
Post #2

A monster of someone elses creation...

Member No.: 873

*giggles*

I've never had an experience like that, though I do often stop to wonder at colours in the sky, puddles etc., but you, my dear, are geek-bloody-tastic!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Apr 15 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #3

dream to make believe

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 863

QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Apr 15 2004, 06:50 PM)
whenever one of us would fall, we would always say, "But I pushed jump," as an excuse to why we died.

I always used to say that when I was playing with my brother! hehehe

but I'm afraid that truely is geeky! I really want a job in 'Game' but I don't know if they'll want me because I don't know that much about games any more, I haven't had time or money to play as much as I used to since I finished my GCSEs...3 years ago! Argh!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Apr 17 2004, 04:17 PM
Post #4

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

Stop talking or I shall replace you with a small shell script tongue.gif

Mat had to explain to me what that meant unsure.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 17 2004, 05:30 PM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I was sitting in the bath a few weeks ago, when I noticed that the contents of one of the bottles on the seemed to be moving. The shelves are made of wire and so the bottle was at a slightly fallen angle between the pieces of wire and there was a shimmering effect through the base of the bottle, as if the bottle had recently been turned upside-down, then righted and the contents were trickling back into place. Obviously I knew this hadn't happened so I took a closer look on to realise that the unusual angle meant that the base of the bottle was reflecting the light on the ripples in the bath. And do you know the first thing that crossed my mind?

'Now that's great attention to detail.'

I'm doomed.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Apr 17 2004, 07:33 PM
Post #6

Miss Violence Spiderguts

Member No.: 1,030

OH THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! Haha.

I'm rather into making my own jewellrey and I have a million little containers for all the beads and things. I was sitting and reorganizing it once and I must have been distracted because I started emptying a bag of really minute red beads into a slot full of really minute black beads (obviously difficult to pick out and re-sort). "Oh s***," I said to myself and then immediately followed it with "Toolbar... Edit... Undo."

My friend was sitting near me and just turned and stared. blink.gif I couldn't figure out what her problem was. And then I looked back at the beads and was faintly surprised that it hadn't fixed itself. Then I realized I was insane.

--------------------
With the headlights burning
We're looking up for something
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Apr 17 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #7

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

hehe like patient #212 when ever i make a mistake i always think ctrl z (undo) >_<

also whenever i see something that makes me giggle the first thing that pops into my head is.... "lol" sad isn't it? i'm worried one day it'll actually come out....that'd be embaressing

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Apr 17 2004, 08:21 PM
Post #8

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

I was in a rush one day a few weeks ago and the floor was wet as I ran through the Quad at my school. As I was turning the corner I thought "Oh God, no! I'll slip! Too fast!"

My immediate second thought was "Ahah! But not if the value of mu is greater than the function of the force of my momentum!"

My immediate third thought was "I'm dropping Maths at the end of the year or I'll go insane."

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Apr 17 2004, 08:27 PM
Post #9

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

In moments of irritation, I tell people to STFU!

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Apr 17 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #10

: P>

Member No.: 991

*raises hand*

My mates are continusly having to slap me for saying lol instead of laughing, using acronyms instead of english (rofl, stfu, rtfm etc.) and worst of all, instead of doing things just saying it and trying to pronounce the stars around it

*sidles off*

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Apr 17 2004, 09:28 PM
Post #11

I say "sigh" instead of actually sighing, too.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Apr 17 2004, 09:30 PM
Post #12

Miss Violence Spiderguts

Member No.: 1,030

Oh, that makes me feel so much better, SPS...

--------------------
With the headlights burning
We're looking up for something
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Apr 17 2004, 09:36 PM
Post #13

: P>

Member No.: 991

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 17 2004, 09:27 PM)

Argh...done that before too

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 17 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #14

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

QUOTE (moop @ Apr 17 2004, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 17 2004, 09:27 PM)

Argh...done that before too

Me three!

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Apr 17 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #15

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

A couple of months back, me and my friends were sitting in a coffee place. One of my friends had just found a vanilla ice doll at an antique place. Me and her got into a fight about who knew more of the words to the Ice Ice baby song. So together we started umm "rapping" the song, but as we started it wasnt just me and her, our entire table of 7 people joined in. And we managed to do the entire song and pretty loud at that.
After we finished all the people in the coffee place started clapping.
It really is hard to remember your out in public sometimes.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Apr 17 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #16

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

When I'm older and have kids I'm going to have three. One called "Ctrl" the other "Alt" and the third "Delete".

If I have any problems with them I'll just hit them twice and all will be solved.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Apr 18 2004, 01:28 AM
Post #17

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Member No.: 644

At a model congress tournament(geek level one), a friend of mine was giving a speech, saying something along the lines of "let's just replace the propaganda of the pledge of allegiance with "we love the government' ". As he was walking back next to me, I started to sing "we love the government" to a tune(geek level two). Afte rhearing a line he joined in and we got the tune perfectly(geek level three). Later on the bus home, we started to sing it out lod, someone else joined in(geek level four). Then I named it..."The National Anthem for the Time Saving 21st century". You guessed it, geek level five.

That same day, I started to sing the catloaf song to some friends. They looked at me like I was insane.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Apr 18 2004, 01:38 AM
Post #18

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

I say the word "gasp" instead of actually gasping. It drives my friends nuts because I've been doing it so long.

I see things like sunsets, nature, cool city scenes, etc. and think about how I could convert them into avatars with text.

I have compared pets in pet stores to Poke'Mon.

I allude to random authors in everyday conversation. Good for English class...not Friday nights.

I hum the theme song to Nights (Into Dreams). Often.

I do many, many other things with are equally nerdy which are escaping my mind at the moment.

I am...in short...a geek. cool.gif Oh well.

Geeky Conversation Starter of the Day: "So Gandalf, Peter Parker, and Spock walk into a bar..."

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Apr 18 2004, 01:41 AM
Post #19

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Apr 17 2004, 04:52 PM)
When I'm older and have kids I'm going to have three. One called "Ctrl" the other "Alt" and the third "Delete".

If I have any problems with them I'll just hit them twice and all will be solved.

If I had three kids, two boys and a girl, I would name them "Luke", "Skye", and "Walker."

XD

May the force be with you...and you...and you.

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 18 2004, 02:09 AM
Post #20

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I see things like sunsets, nature, cool city scenes, etc. and think about how I could convert them into avatars with text.

I'll stare at a scene in nature and go "that would make a great picture." Maybe the photographer in me developing. Oh, I didn't do that on purpose! Ha! Ha! I am so good. Before you know it, I'll be like "That tree would make the perfect avatar!"

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Artemisia
post Apr 18 2004, 06:11 AM
Post #21

never enough yaoi in the world...

Member No.: 783

Haven't really had a geeky moment like the rest of you describe until this morning.

My brain must have been finding solutions to something while I was asleep because as I started to wake up, I felt my brain going a mile a minute and thought the ideas were great, and worried I would forget them upon waking, I thought "better print them out and save them." Then, I promptly forgot them, not having a mini printer in my brain that can shoot the paper out of my ears. Wouldn't that be great though?

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Apr 18 2004, 06:12 AM
Post #22

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

well... i play alot of dsl-mud... and my freind asked dirrections to my house and i immidiatly came out with a long stream of n, n, n, w,n, w, n, n, n, e, n, n. and according to the way you go at each block... sad part it i did it in revers for me going to he house and well... lets just say i got a rather nasty phone call 3 hours later and had to go pic her up....

ive also tried to click at my cat punk... i spend way to much of my time plying night of the zombie kittens....

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Little Green Got...
post Apr 18 2004, 04:17 PM
Post #23

Only YOU can answer that question!

Member No.: 384

I had a friend, just after she found the internet and it's unique way of typing, who constanly said things like "lmao, OMG" and so on. *just got up, not going to put them all* And she is MAJORLY in to RPing. She even thinks the chars she plays are real inside her head and can sit back and watch them interact with eachother..

But the closest I've come to being a geek would be running over my glasses and still wearing them afterwords.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Apr 18 2004, 04:29 PM
Post #24

I listen to the Imperial March from Star Wars all the time, it's on my iPod.

I'm going to buy the debut album by the Black Mages, a rock band featuring Nobuo Uematsu which does rock versions of Final Fantasy music.

I knew who Nobuo Uematsu was in the first place.

I recently had a conversation with a friend about what would happen if we put Hideo Kojima, Shigeru Miyamoto and Peter Molyneux into a room.

--------------------

+Quote Post
my cool username...
post Apr 18 2004, 04:30 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 971

I am a nerd. If I do something stupid I say to myself, "Ctrl Z." And then I say, "You can't do that in real life." I say a lot of keyboard control things out loud. If I am handwriting, I will find myself thinking about caps lock and so forth as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 09:12 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!