IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> As The Days Go By..., what was good about your day?
ravein
post May 5 2004, 01:35 PM
Post #1

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

Okay.. so lately there has been an influx of depressing posts in daily life.. we all get down on ourselves.. for one thing or another.. these things happen.. but I think sometimes we all need to step back and realize that life is not as sucky as we think it is. If we dwell on the negative, we will get negative in return. So in an effort to help, I have a fagtabouls idea.. when life has you down.. come here and post what was good about your day.

examples:
The guy at the store gave me an extra dollar in change...
It was sunny today and there was a light breeze...
My best friend who was being a wench all day talked to a cute guy with something black in her teeth..
I heard my favorite song on the radio as I was driving in the rain
I got a new pen
I got an extra chicken McNugget in my happy meal
I saw a monkey throw crap at tourists
A Llama made me jello in a Morrissey jello mold
I used the words lesbonic, gayriffic, fagtabouls all in the same sentence

point is, there is always at least one thing in your day that brings you a little joy.. Here is the place to share those things..

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post May 5 2004, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Apparently squishy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 763

I haven't had the time to really come here lately, which saddens me, but there are so many good things that are allowing me to be here right now:

It's Reading Day here during Finals Week, which means I have no classes today.
I woke up at 6:30, but decided it wasn't worth the effort so I went back to bed until about a half an hour ago.
Once I got up, I took the world's longest, hottest shower...
For the first time in weeks, nay months, I have the time to just sit around and do nothing....happy.gif
It's a beautiful, sunny day (for once...it's been a very rainy spring so far)
I move out on Friday!
The Sno Castle opened a month early back home!!!!!!!! I love the sno castle!!!!

So yeah, I'm in a pretty spiffing mood...biggrin.gif

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 5 2004, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I'm going to put one from yesterday as today has just started for me.

I drove the road between night and day. To my right the almost full moon was setting behind a set of faraway hills and reflecting off of the freshly flooded rice fields. To my left the sun was coming up from behind a set of faraway hills also reflecting off of the freshly filled rice fields. It was surreal.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
ravein
post May 5 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (LoLo @ May 5 2004, 09:56 AM)
I'm going to put one from yesterday as today has just started for me.

I drove the road between night and day. To my right the almost full moon was setting behind a set of faraway hills and reflecting off of the freshly flooded rice fields. To my left the sun was coming up from behind a set of faraway hills also reflecting off of the freshly filled rice fields. It was surreal.

wow.. I bet that was awesome.... that is one of those things you mentally record so you never forget it..

I live on the second story of our townhouse.. my back yard is lush almost like a rain forest...it is basically forest right up to my window... in the morning when I wake up the sun is streaming in through the trees... there are so many different color greens.. it is amazing.. I am breathless for a little while each morning.. and as long as I don’t look down.. It feels like I am in a tree house..

--------------------
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post May 5 2004, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

QUOTE (LoLo @ May 5 2004, 09:56 AM)
I drove the road between night and day.  To my right the almost full moon was setting behind a set of faraway hills and reflecting off of the freshly flooded rice fields.  To my left the sun was coming up from behind a set of faraway hills also reflecting off of the freshly filled rice fields.  It was surreal.

Oh wow....that sounds absolutely beautiful...

I get a feeling sort of like that whenever I drive home from Morehead...there's a point on the AA Highway where you come up over a hill and see the road flowing like a ribbon between the green and purple hills...Kentucky might be a little backwards sometimes, but goodness is it ever gorgeous...

Morehead in and of itself is probably one of the more picturesque places in the state. It's not much of a college town, but what it lacks in nightlife it makes up for in scenery and adequate campsites. Besides, we're only half and hour out of two large cities, so we can't really complain.

Here's one of the nicer pictures:

Cave Run Lake...a few minutes outside of Morehead but still within the county. My boyfriend and I used to go on picnics there in the fall. happy.gif

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 5 2004, 03:04 PM
Post #6

Kiefer > Jason

I just made eggs and toast that got finished in the perfect order to be ready and hot and good to make the perfect breakfast.

Nothing spattered on me while cooking nude.

There was a happy face in the grains on the top of my toast and I ate it right up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post May 5 2004, 05:13 PM
Post #7

Engrish Ranguage Student

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 338

Well, five o'clock finally rolled around and I came home and was finally given my birthday cake smile.gif (My family sort of forgot to give it me as they hid it)

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
ravein
post May 5 2004, 05:41 PM
Post #8

I just had THE perfect chicken sandwhich with my girl friend... while at lunch she spilled the 3 soda of the week (kekekeke)... and we got to make out for a few mins in the parking lot... excellent lunch....
*hands weej another birthday cake*

--------------------

live journal

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post May 5 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #9

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

( You are my goddess, Selmisha. )

Ouuu .. let's see.

I had just enough time when I woke up to take an extra long, extra relaxing shower with this new super-great soap
Mom was very nice, and we're going out to dinner tonight
I've got leftovers so's I can eat when I get home - Pizza! Yay!
Both Rachel AND Sean are on this thread. ^.~
And my cousin got a new job, so I'm happy for him.

Decent day, no?

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post May 5 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #10

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

I installed Windows XP on this computer and it actually worked...nothing ever works...
That means my iPod works up here so I can put allll my music on it.
I just had a nice meal. Stir fry. Yay.
Katii just posted!

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post May 5 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #11

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

Stir fry is great <3

The day's about to get better. *threatens Seanny with the PM machine, hops off to bug some*

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post May 5 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #12

A monster of someone elses creation...

Member No.: 873

This was a great idea!!

I was at work today, I work with adults with disabilties and I do lots of out-door stuff. So today, lovely sunny, warm day, we went rafting at Loch Lubnaig which is a really gorgeous area. The sky was blue and the mountains have a dusting of snow - and everyone had a fun day!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
ravein
post May 5 2004, 07:29 PM
Post #13

I got to be syuu's goddess... really can you have a better day????? wink.gif

--------------------

live journal

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post May 5 2004, 07:52 PM
Post #14

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

I did... well, it didn't start out like that because I got my reports for how my grades are in most of my classes, and well, I'm failing about 3 or 4 of them, which boggles my mind because my last 3 report cards have been sparkling, but now that I've been clean and sober for a month or so, my grades are starting to slip.

Buuut. I met a friend I haven't seen since 5th grade, another friend I haven't seen since 8th grade, someone bought me a pack of cigarettes, and I bummed a ride off of someone and didn't have to walk here. I'm wearing a skirt with no panty hos to it would've been hell, but lo and behold it's all good. I had a very nice day, considering I have to get all those failure reports signed later tonight... dry.gif

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post May 5 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #15

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I hung out with this boy i kinda like laugh.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 6 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #16

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

For the first time ever I've got a working DVD player in my PC, and a highly respected critic just uttered these words on it:

There is nothing wrong with being a goth teenager, it's a highly legitimate existential condition.

(It's a documentary about William Gibson in case anyone's wondering.)

All in all the day has gone rather well, my computers are being to really work properly, things that haven't functioned properly for me for a long time ae now beginning to really happen. It's all rather exciting.

The next good thing is really rather dull; I've caught up with loads of paperwork that I've been meaning to get around to doing for about six months, I know that's not exciting at all, but it certainly makes me feel a bit more in control of my life. It's amazing how much you can get done when you don't have a working PC around to distract you!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 6 2004, 12:51 AM
Post #17

Kiefer > Jason

I got a ton of black plastic corner thingys that my store was just going to throw away. Those fools!

--------------------

+Quote Post
leopold
post May 6 2004, 11:18 AM
Post #18

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

I have a gorgeous woman and three adorable kids. No day is a bad day for me any more! smile.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post May 6 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #19

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

The plans for Jonathan coming down are coming together! wub.gif

My house is getting clean and I am cleaning it! biggrin.gif

I got my angel and our friend Lynn a new friend, his name is Ri! laugh.gif

I have soooooo many signature tags made on my pc that I think I'm set for a while smile.gif

Friday is almost here, which of course would make anyone happy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post May 6 2004, 12:23 PM
Post #20

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I bought a packet of crumpets that were supposed to be 72p for 39p

this is good because I didn't have enough to pay 72p for them, I actually made an effort to get things done so I could still have them (it said 32p on the shelf so why should I pay more?) and I looooove crumpets...yummeh yummeh yummeh!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post May 6 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #21

: P>

Member No.: 991

My 2 courseworks are almost over

Soon I will have my wireless network working...mhmmmmm...irc, in bed, no wires biggrin.gif

It almost friday, like TigerLily013 said

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
ravein
post May 6 2004, 01:04 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (moop @ May 6 2004, 08:41 AM)
My 2 courseworks are almost over

Soon I will have my wireless network working...mhmmmmm...irc, in bed, no wires biggrin.gif

It almost friday, like TigerLily013 said

once you get your wireless up and running.. you have to sit in the bathroom and play on the internet.. it really amazing what you can do with technology smile.gif

I woke up this morning.. held my gf for 10 mins longer than I should have.. got to work late but since I dont have a boss it really didnt matter... now I am enjoying a happy granola bar.. sipping a 56oz jug of water chilling... my day has gone super well so far biggrin.gif

--------------------

live journal

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post May 6 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #23

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

we sat and read fhm at lunch...hehe smile.gif
reef's place your hands song was on the radio and it's put a permanent smile on my face today.
doing a maths test today, i got the first two questions all on my own, and with a little bit of help the nest two as well! YAY-i don't normally rolleyes.gif
i get paid tomorrow
which means phone credit to talk to friends!
which means i can talk to ma honey!!!!! WOOOO biggrin.gif
oh, and i have the best guy in the world. miiiiine. oh yes tongue.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post May 6 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #24

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

It's warm. I'm doing much better than last week. I got a new book.

I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL FROM ALL MY THERAPY SESSIONS TOMORROW biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It's been over a week, so. tongue.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
markslut
post May 6 2004, 09:17 PM
Post #25

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

I went to work, did work and came home - sorry to be dull

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 05:17 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!