Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Should I Say?
scuba bunny
post May 16 2004, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Novice Guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,121

yes i know there is another thread on interviews.. but my case is somewhat different.. i've been out of a job for slightly more than a month.. and i've been going for interviews.. inevitably, this question comes up:

why did you leave your last job??

well, the real reason i quit the previous job was cos my boss was a nasty woman who was making me juggle the workload of three fulltime staff, with no recognition, monetary or otherwise.. and although she said she was looking for new employees, she only started interviewing for new staff after i tendered in my resignation (i had to give one month's notice)..

now i cant' possibly say that to potential employers, cos it just makes me look bad.. anyone have any good "reasons" that i can use to explain why i left my previous job without having found a new job?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post May 16 2004, 04:38 PM
Post #2

F*cking with the best since 1996

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 962

No career advancement is a favourite of mine. Makes you sound like you're very career minded and also very determined (which I am both, so it's not like I'm lying).

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 16 2004, 04:42 PM
Post #3

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

Problems with management works. THen you can go into a little bit of detail about it during your next interview.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post May 16 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #4

A monster of someone elses creation...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 873

Hmm... yeah, I'd go for something along the lines of feeling you "outgrew" your last post and needed to move on to something more challenging, and then list all of your sparkling potential and why you'd be the best person for whatever job you're being interviewed for.

Hell, I'd give you a job after that! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 01:41 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!