Reply to this topicStart new topic
> *cue* "ride Of The Valkyries", ...i'm on a mission and a half ^ ^
the lil' pie...
post Jun 5 2004, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

this 'ere post be a call for help. i need you (yes, you) to give me some advice.

...getting to the point: i'm applying for uni this summer unsure.gif
i know i want to do some kind of chemistry degree, the specifics of which i'll iron out as i choose my preferred unis. (like forensics on the side etc)

i'm pretty sure there are a few people on here at least that go to uni in the good ol' UK, and i'd really appreciate your advice. if you're at uni, have friends there, even better if you're doing or know someone doing a chemistry-typey degree, can you either post here, PM me or email me?

stuff on oxford, york, nottingham, manchester, durham and loughborough is especially needed.

it's so hard to choose! and so many things to think about.

*formally* than-que in advance for your fountains of knowledge biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jun 5 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #2

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 197

QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Jun 5 2004, 10:59 PM)
(like forensics on the side etc)

oh oh OH!!!

my house mate does that (forensic science), she's starting her third year in september, apparently is a VERY good course....i know there are chemistry, biology modules as well as psychology and geology.....might not quite be your cuppa tea, but by god COME TO MY UNIVERSITY!!! (glamorgan by the way...in wales) plus i have a very nice house and you could come for tea and biccys and....and....oh my house mate could help you out, and...and and.....i'm lonely sad.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 6 2004, 02:36 AM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Pick the city that suits you best. You might be studying for 20 hours per week, but you will be living there all the time.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jun 6 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #4

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

I think Lincoln and Humberside do a forensics sciences coures. I cant tell you any more than that about the coures as I dont konw anything more. But Lincoln isn't a bad city, small but ok and your not that far from Nottingham which is a really nice city. biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 11 2004, 08:48 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 6 2004, 03:36 AM)
Pick the city that suits you best. You might be studying for 20 hours per week, but you will be living there all the time.

well, i want somewhere that's not too dangerous, plenty of unique shops, good nightlife but no gang wars, and a decent homely basement starbucks, like in cambridge smile.gif

any recommendations?

and cath, i'm looking at both the uni's in nottingham, how do you know that it's nice? you don't go there do you?? huh.gif

it's all such an adventure...

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jun 11 2004, 11:08 PM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 197

QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Jun 11 2004, 10:48 PM)
well, i want somewhere that's not too dangerous, plenty of unique shops, good nightlife but no gang wars, and a decent homely basement starbucks, like in cambridge smile.gif

any recommendations?

as much as i'm repeating myself, bloody come to my university, sure the imediate area is shite but you're barely 11 miles outside cardiff which has really cool...stuff.....and me....you can't deny the me factor >_> tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Jun 12 2004, 09:16 AM
Post #7

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Loughborough isn't too bad. I haven't seen the chemistry department but it looks impressive from the outside (big pipes sticking out and stuff blink.gif ) and the unis good points seem to be technology and sports, so chemistry is probably one of their good bits.

The towns not bad either: its completely overrun with pubs and clubs, nice and close to nottingham if you want more random stuff to do (15 mins and 4.10 - or 2.80 with a railcard - on the train) and it also has the biggest student union in the country.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jun 12 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #8

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Sorry Pie I don't really know about the Uni's I just know about the city in general cause Lincoln which is where I went to Uni is not far away and I've got aload of friends who live round that area. Get Moop to ask Snoo about the Uni's in Nottingham cause she at one of the Uni's there.
Nottingham is cool it's got some cool shops like Void and some cool clubs and plus I can set my friends on you like I did with Snoo! tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 13 2004, 08:53 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (moop @ Jun 12 2004, 10:16 AM)
The towns not bad either: its completely overrun with pubs and clubs, nice and close to nottingham if you want more random stuff to do (15 mins and 4.10 - or 2.80 with a railcard - on the train) and it also has the biggest student union in the country.

i knew about the student union bit biggrin.gif and pipes sounds good!
i'm just trying to find people at different unis to talk to, gonna start visiting places soon, so if any of you want a visit let me know wink.gif

sps, i'm not coming to glamorgan! i mean...it's in wales...so far away unsure.gif
although i don't deny i would like to come meet you too smile.gif

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:26 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!