Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ergh..., Special occasions. Meh.
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 25 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #1

My direction

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 495

I am so not a makeup girl. Seriously, I hardly ever wear even the tiniest trace of the stuff. However, it's my year 11 prom tonight so I feel as if I should make the effort as I try to on all special occasions.

Im wearing nail varnish and god, it makes my hands feel horrible. They feel heavy and sticky, like its still wet, which for someone used to playing instruments and typing is kinda disquieting.

I know from past experience that makeup feels exactly the same (which is why I only wear eyeliner, lipstick, eyeshadow instead of putting foundation and concealer and all sortsa cr*p on my skin -sowwy, but thats what it feels like to me)

How on earth do you guys cope with wearin the damn stuff all day every day? ph34r.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jun 25 2004, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

I don’t.. I only wear make up for job interviews... as far as I am concerned you could trash all of it. I think it is a way for companies to get rich from social programming..

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jun 25 2004, 03:32 PM
Post #3

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

Well, special occassions are special occassions, and chicks especially are expected to wear look pretty and wear make-up. I even kneel to conformity when there are special occassions that require me to do so. In the long run, it's worth it to make people turn their heads and say, "Wow, she looks really hot/cute/sexy/good/nice tonight!" Don't fight it so much. I used to hate nail polish too, for the same reason. It feels odd and almost greasy when you first start using it. Then, I used to put on like 5 colors at a time on each nail, and it got better. Now I have nail polish on that's rather nice, and it makes my nails feel smooth, so I'm sad that it's chipping. Lipstick and lipgloss used to feel odd too, I felt like a cat who has medicine on its nose and wants to lick it off. Things like prom are good occassions to get dressed up and pretty. If you've already spent an arm and a leg on a dress, you may as well compliment it. Just remember, when you wake up tomorrow morning in your hungover haze (or sober exhaustion, whichever floats your boat) then you'll be able to take it off.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 25 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #4

My direction

I'm not saying its not nice to be admired and stuff. I just dont understand why its such a big thing. My best friend is absolutely beautiful, shes got such perfect skin, amazing figure, gorgeous hair, and she cant even go 2ft down the road without fully making herself up. Its ridiculous. The idea is it makes an impact, and how can it make an impact on special occasions if thats just how you look all the time? mad.gif

/rant

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jun 25 2004, 03:57 PM
Post #5

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

That's why I never wear make up. My friend lives about ten houses away from me, and we walk to the busstop together. She's very pretty, has a beautiful figure, and a D 36 or something ridiculous like that. She always makes herself up, she always looks nice. But she's about 5'1" and I'm 5'5", and heavier than her so when we walk together I feel like a giant. That was just a sidenote. Anyway, she looks beautiful all the time, but I always tell her anyway. Just because she looks nice all the time doesn't make her any less pretty. Besides, I'm the only positive influence that girl has in her life, so I need to tell her how pretty she is.

Some people just like the security of knowing that they look good. It's their choice, you shouldn't think any less of them for it. Mellisa just likes to make a good impression on EVERY guy she meets. And, if she stopped making her slef up one day, everyone would be shocked. Once she came down to the bus stop wearing PHHS gym shorts and a sweat shirt, no make-up to speak of. I asked her if she had finally turned dyke.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Jun 26 2004, 08:42 AM
Post #6

A monster of someone elses creation...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 873

I don't wear make-up everyday, I just put vaseline on my eyelashes and curl them with eye-lash curlers for work. (That sounds kinda odd now I've seen it in black and white dry.gif )

If I'm going out, cos I'm into the goth look, I do wear lots of liquid eye-liner and eye-shadow, I use powder instead of foundation as I'm not terribly good at putting it on and it ends up drawing attention to any little imperfections that I intended to hide! I used to wear white foundation when I was younger but it just doesn't suit me any more. blink.gif

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Jun 26 2004, 05:04 PM
Post #7

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Jun 25 2004, 04:57 PM)
She always makes herself up, she always looks nice. But she's about 5'1" and I'm 5'5", and heavier than her so when we walk together I feel like a giant.

Most of my friends are like that, I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb when I'm with them and sometimes even feel like I'm a "token fat friend" that everyone has to have so they feel good. Meh.

I very rarely wear makeup, if I do it's eyeliner or nail varnish. Like Acid said you just have to get used to it! If you don't take it (the nail varnish) off for a few days then it'll start feeling more normal and won't feel so odd the next time.

I do wear lots of liquid eye-liner

liquid eye liner scares me...I don't understand it! It just seems odd to me unsure.gif

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 26 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #8

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

QUOTE (snoo @ Jun 26 2004, 06:04 PM)
I do wear lots of liquid eye-liner

liquid eye liner scares me...I don't understand it! It just seems odd to me unsure.gif

eep, that it does! how does anyone avoid looking...well, like a panda with something that's RUNNY near their eyes???? blink.gif

i wear eyeshadow, mascara and lipgloss everyday. but clear lipgloss, quiet shades of eyeshadow and not lashings of mascara. it's my 'natural' look.

if you don't feel comfortable in it, don't bow to the pressure.

but...just for your prom, it might be the finishing touch to an already beautiful outfit smile.gif

(snoo, if i hear you say you're fat once more...well...then...i'll steal your pies back, you pie-stealer! tongue.gif)

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 26 2004, 07:05 PM
Post #9

My direction

Lol ofc I wore makeup to the prom! tongue.gif Im not a total faliure as a woman, you know wink.gif

Ill post a pic as soon as the photographer puts em up (should be tuesday) You'll also be able to see my aforementioned friend, and say how gorgeous she looks (she got everything done professionally) so I can show her im not the only one who thought she looked nice tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Jun 26 2004, 07:30 PM
Post #10

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I didn't wear makeup to Dans formal...but mainly because everything went tits up and I ran out of time to do anything...d'oh!

But yay for you! I can't wait to see pics (I'll show you some of Dans formal if you don't want to be the only one with formal pics floating about) eeeeeeeeee!

I completely forgot what I was going to say that made any sense, I'm sorry.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:20 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!