Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Idea To Mull Over... ( Central US Meet ), The leftovers get their bash
Prince Aries
post Jul 13 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Ai Ravana-hime

Group: New Members
Member No.: 421

So. Some of us couldn't make it to the WC Meet. When I thought about a few of the people who had WANTED to go, but couldn't, I realized something.

A good portion of us were from Central US and Canada.

So you know what that means, children?

How do we feel about a Central US/Canada Matazone Meet? This is an idea my slave *cough* e-husband Tigersong and I have formulated. I mean, it just makes sense. Anyone remotely NEAR these areas who might be interested, throw your thoughts here into this thread. It's definitely something worth thinking about no?

Plus, maybe I could *FINALLY* meet some of you people! (On a side note, I find it sad that I live so close to Missy and have yet to go down there and harass her.....terribly sad, isn't it? I'm coming for you Missy! biggrin.gif)

Anyway, thoughts, comments, perversions, whatever. Here. Type. Now.

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 13 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Vive y Deja Vivir

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 672

Nevermind the East Coast... dry.gif

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Jul 13 2004, 06:19 PM
Post #3

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

I think this is a most excellent idea and could be a lot of fun and yeah.

Scary thing is, one yahoo VC it seemed as though my wedding was going to turn into a meet... biggrin.gif

So yeah, and stuff. We should do it. It would be cool and fun and stuff.

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 13 2004, 06:23 PM
Post #4

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

I am pretty far down the east coast... but if it was within a 12-18 hour drive.. I might be up for a road trip...

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
karismaklysm
post Jul 13 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #5

souped on the beat

Member No.: 712

they have these things called planes, rave...
you know, that thing you figured out how to conquer?
i'm game!

--------------------
We will start with the firemen, and then the math teachers, and so on in that fashion...

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 13 2004, 06:29 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (karismaklysm @ Jul 13 2004, 03:24 PM)
they have these things called planes, rave...
you know, that thing you figured out how to conquer?
i'm game!

tongue.gif true but karisma they cost this stuff called money.. and if you are going to quit your job and become a dirty hippy we can't afford to fly.. but we can drive for a 100 bucks.. but if we can get cheap airfair I am game for flying.. *in old woman voice* as long as I have meds biggrin.gif

--------------------
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 13 2004, 06:33 PM
Post #7

Vive y Deja Vivir

I'm pretty sure South West will fly you anywhere for $49.99 or something. I shall check.

southwest.com Only Specials:
southwest.com Systemwide Sale -- Fly anywhere Southwest Airlines flies for $39 to $99 one-way with 14-day advance purchase!
This week's Featured Destination: New Orleans, LA
Travel within the state of California for $39 one-way with 14-day advance purchase.
Travel between Florida and select cities for $39 to $79 one-way with 14-day advance purchase.
Travel between select Midwest cities for $34 one-way with 14-day advance purchase.
Travel between select Northwest cities for $34, $59, or $79 one-way with 14-day advance purchase.
Travel within the state of Texas for $34 or $60 one-way with 14-day advance purchase.

I guess nothing for your purposes. Nevermind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 13 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #8

where are you thinking about having it??

--------------------

live journal

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 13 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #9

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I probably wouldn't be able to go, seeing as I am but a squee little child...but you never know. I live in the Midwest US... but perhaps if I raised my own money, my dad would think about it. If it weren't too far away my family could check into a hotel somewheres. Probably not though sad.gif But it is a good idea.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Jul 13 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #10

Ai Ravana-hime

I think it's important to try and find a location central for all. However, me and another forumite (or ex-forumite rather since her computer committed suicide) live in the same apartment building. There's two of us right here! laugh.gif

But those who are really interested can certainly discuss this at length.

Any ideas or suggestions, fire away.

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 13 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #11

Vive y Deja Vivir

Hmm, I'm going to be in Minnesota mid-August-ish. Someone could come and abduct me. I wouldn't mind...

*Isn't bitter or anything because of her age or the fact that she'll never meet anyone from these forums* *Not bitter at all* *Maybe* *Just a little*

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 13 2004, 07:09 PM
Post #12

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Jul 13 2004, 01:15 PM)
(On a side note, I find it sad that I live so close to Missy and have yet to go down there and harass her.....terribly sad, isn't it? I'm coming for you Missy! biggrin.gif)

I'm still mad at you for not coming to see me. *poutation*

Yes, we need a meet. It's going to happen. Teh Soonar, Teh Bettar. I'd suggest sometime this winter, but we all know how frikin cold it gets in this part of the country, urgh... still. I am SO THERE. I promise, as long as I'm given plenty of forewarning and can get to an airport (not really a problem) and afford cheap Southwest Airlines fare (again, not really so much a problem anymore), a central US meet sounds like good fun. Besides, if I'm ever gonna punish Aries-dearest (read: spankings!) for not coming to see me at school, I'm going to have to see him in person, right? Right.

Geoff, I want to see you there. Seriously. I don't know who all is regional and free to wander on weekends, but I imagine we could manage to find at least as many as the WC-ers did. And Rave and Karis, COME SEE US YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO biggrin.gif

For those complaining about the regional-ness of the US meets... I'm sorry, but we do live in a pretty darn big country, it's not as if we can all take trains and meet up somewhere in less than ten hours. Splitting the country is probably the best solution, really, especially for those on limited budgets. Besides, they're not exclusive or anything, I know I'd love for west/east/brit coasters to show up if possible.

HINT HINT PLEASE COME I'LL MAKE IT WORTH YOUR WHILE. wink.gif You know I will.

Dude, Aries, see if you can catch me online sometime soon, we must do this, I will help you plan.

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Jul 13 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #13

Ai Ravana-hime

You're on, Missy. Too bad we're missing our Third member of the Angels. Teh True Fun, right there. Anyway, you kids spew forth ideas, I'm going to work for a few hours. Catch you all later.

Missy - You should still have my number, so use it, your verbally abusing wench. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 13 2004, 07:22 PM
Post #14

Okay.. how about the Chicago IL area? it is a pretty big city.. it is pretty central.. It is close to Canada..

--------------------

live journal

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 13 2004, 07:42 PM
Post #15

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (ravein @ Jul 13 2004, 02:22 PM)
Okay.. how about the Chicago IL area? it is a pretty big city.. it is pretty central.. It is close to Canada..

That was the first city I thought of, too... but of course anyone NOT from the Midwest US thinks Chicago is the only city out here. *laughs* If you mean central to both the East and the Central US, then yes, it's probably our best bet, and Chicago's supposedly a pretty cool city. I don't think any of us live especially close to there, though, so we'd be basing most-to-all of our information off of tourist-y travel stuff. Which is fine, if that's what people want to do. It's at least a pretty central city as far as airports are concerned, so finding flights in-and-out won't be bad, though the airport itself is supposed to be a real biotch to navigate, and I'm going to guess that we're mostly going to have to meet up there, since no-one under 21 can rent a car by themselves to go anywhere else.

I'm going to throw out Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; St. Louis, Missouri; and Omaha, Nebraska as other ideas as well. They're a bit more central-US than Chicago but I thought we might at least want some more options.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 13 2004, 07:48 PM
Post #16

true.. well who is in this area that would want to host us?? As far as a rental.. dont worry I can get the rental car. I will work out flying in early so I can get it. But if you guys throw up in the rental it is on son biggrin.gif

--------------------

live journal

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 13 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #17

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (ravein @ Jul 13 2004, 02:48 PM)
true.. well who is in this area that would want to host us??

Yeah, that's my question.

I can't, considering the university life that I'll be bound to at the time. And I know Aries would but he's in Iowa. And Aries, dear-heart, I'm not going to Iowa for a meet. That would just be too lame. "Let me take you on the tour! Okay, if you look out to your left there's a cornfield! And just past this is... another cornfield! How about that folks, who would have thought that? Ahaha... *uneasy laugh* On your right is... a pasture... um... with... cows..." laugh.gif

I have no idea about who else lives around here, whether they're old enough to really be useful in actual planning (hotels just LOVE age-limits), and whether they'd even WANT to. Maybe we would be better off just meeting up somewhere, although the sheer disorganization of that frightens me a bit. I'm sure we'll work it out.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 13 2004, 09:32 PM
Post #18

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

!!!!!

*lives an hour away from Chicago*

If you have plane worries, O'Hare is a huge airport with adjoining rental car physicilities. *wonders about hotel rooms* If anyone has any questions, ask. However, I'm fully aware that Chicago is just a possibility, but I'm here to help happy.gif anyway, the idea of someone as young as me going off with a bunch of young adults/adults probably wouldn't hold water anyway rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
The Lorax
post Jul 13 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #19

Superterriffic.

Member No.: 1,052

I'm all the way out in Arizona....*bitter grumble* dry.gif so no one'll wanna come here...

But just in case, my background's like an amusement park and my mom owes me a party! *hopeful* rolleyes.gif And well there's lotsa fun stuff out here..but yes...don't mind the loner sad.gif

--------------------
[center]Lets all get drunk, tonight.[/center]

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 13 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #20

Vive y Deja Vivir

Lorax, don't you complain mad.gif Arizona is WC... you missed your chance.

*Still isn't bitter about never being able to see anyone*

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 13 2004, 10:25 PM
Post #21

ever-hopeful since 2003

You know what, kids? Cool your heads about not seeing people, it's not the end of the world, and many of us have gone a year or more without ever meeting any other forumites. So chill, kay? Besides, there were parents who trekked out to the WC meet, maybe yours would too. Never know until you ask, hmm? Right then.

I thought this website was hilariously appropriate, considering the URL:
http://www.meetinchicago.com/

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jul 13 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #22

Vive y Deja Vivir

Sarah and I were just talking about his... about the whole parents thing. The conversation would go something like:

"Hey, Ma, I want to take a plane to Chicago so I can see some people I met over the internet. They're all older than me, and some may call them eccentric. Do you mind?"

Mom laughs at me.

rolleyes.gif Not gonna happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post Jul 13 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #23

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

I won't commit to anything until.. like. I know about what month it'll be... I'll have a car in October, dry.gif which is a long ways away... why can't we have an East Coast Meet.. say in.. wonderful beachy Florida? But uhh yeah, depending on the month, depends on if I'll go...'cause..I'll have no one to take me. Unless I want my boyfriendtaking me and seeing how weird I actually am. laugh.gif Oh and ARC, if we talk on the phone enough, maybe your mom will start to trust me and I can be your chaperone!! biggrin.gif Sakura's mom wants me to come and visit and I've never met her. ph34r.gif

EDIT: I don't think I've ever used four Smilies in one post. ph34r.gif five.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Jul 13 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #24

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

Wow. Like, seriously.

I would love to meet Missy and Aries and and and and.... I think this is a goodish idea muchly. Chicago sounds like an interesting idea... it would be interesting, with no host. I'm thinking Lo did a bang-up job with planning and hosting and such.

*bounces*

(Of course, I'm a cheapskate and the cost may be quite frightening to my budget. Mostly because I'm getting married in a year (*ouch*) and also my love is going to live half-way across the country starting in the fall. Plane tickets to Ottawa and such are bloody expensive.)

But let's start looking at options anyway.

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 14 2004, 12:18 AM
Post #25

ever-hopeful since 2003

Geoff. Hon. If the choice is between us or your wedding, I mean, the choice is pretty obvious.

We're quite obviously the better choice. Duh. What are you thinking?!?! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:25 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!