Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Attack Of The Chainsaw, Damned inconsiderate if you ask me
Mata
post Jul 16 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Before I moved house, around October time last year, if I were ever to decide to have a lay-in there would be a pneumatic drill being used within fifty metres of my house until I got up. Every. Single. Time. There were a lot of roadworks on that junction because this is something that I try to do quite often smile.gif

Today, I was painting until half past four in the morning, but the road outside my house is fine, so no pneumatic drills for me, nope. I get a guy with a chainsaw taking two hours to demolish a tree. So, I eventually get up with a headache and feeling grumpy and get to work in the tiny office that I have, which is in the front of my house. I sigh and feel pleased that at least I'm away from the chainsaw weilding maniac (you've got to be mad to be working with chainsaws, halfway up a tree before ten in the morning).

I relax and find the traffic noise a nice change. Until it starts. The bloomin' wood-chipper! Aaaaargh! So now I've got a wood-chipper owning (you can't really 'wield' a wood-chipper) maniac out in front of my house, deliberately being noisy and trying to give me a headache. One day they'll make a film out of this morning and it will be called 'The Winchester Wood-Chipper Massacre'.

And my back aches lots because our matress is awful, so things so far are not going very well.

Otherwise I'm fine smile.gif

How's everyone else today?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Jul 16 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #2

A monster of someone elses creation...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 873

Well, I was feeling rotten but further to reading the saga of the Winchester Woodchipper I'm thinking that my life isn't all that bad!! wink.gif

Whenever I try to sleep late someone always wants to deliver something which causes my hounds of hell to bark like they're possessed until the intruder/postperson has been seen off!! Maybe, that's what I get for being reclusive and choosing to do the majority of my shopping on-line! dry.gif

*passes Mata a mug of camomile tea*

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jul 16 2004, 12:14 PM
Post #3

Microwave your children

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,164

*hides chainsaw*

*hides wood-chipper*

*looks innocent*

Today I hate my boss. Yesterday I hated my boss, too, but today I could've killed the woman. That's Ok, right?

Aside from that, I'm hunky dorey (doory? Doorey?). Thankies for asking.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jul 16 2004, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Jul 16 2004, 01:14 PM)
Today I hate my boss. Yesterday I hated my boss, too, but today I could've killed the woman. That's Ok, right?

I really don't like my boss either mad.gif The stupid sod is on holiday in Menorca for two weeks and he is still answering his email. Correction. He can't answer his email outside of Greenleaf so he is sending it directly to me and getting me to send a "He's on holiday and he'll get back to you" response. Don't ask me why he didn't just leave his lap top and set up a "holiday response" and sodding well enjoy himself mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

PLUS I HAVE PMT! dry.gif

So yeah, bad day.

Could be worse I guess. I hate ranting like this because I always think there are a lot of people worse off than me and I should be grateful but I have PMT so it doesn't matter! laugh.gif

Thanks for making me smile Mata babe!

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Pab
post Jul 16 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #5

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

Well, today's not too bad actually ... Got a quote done, and un update, and have had estate agents round with clients to see if they wanna buy the flat (they won't) and now friday afternoon is startng and i can feel some PS2 coming on ... dont know about you guys ... Business as usual, really, just the way we like it...

As for noise ...

1. Pab

2. new building uphill and opposite - Dynamite explosions every day, drilling and metal-cutting sounds

3. new building right next door - metal-cutting and sustained banging noises

4. new building opposite to the right - metal-cutting and sustained banging noises

5. new building site in earth-moving phase, presumably just before the dynamiting, drilling, cutting or banging phases - very big machinery noises

.. All day for the past 18 months, and for another 2 years I should think.

Mata ... if you want to set up a commando ninja militia task-force, you know, with weapons and stuff ... you just have to ask ...

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 16 2004, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

*hugs mata*
*throws bricks at wood chipper man*

I have to say my morning has been in the crapper.... really.... I'm mean really... I went out to drink my blues away last night... but being as I had the blues in the first place I forgot to eat yesterday. So yeah.. my stomach has been super mad at me this morning.. my head feels like one of those bobble head dolls.. but I have to say..mata's story made it all better..

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 16 2004, 01:40 PM
Post #7

*hugs Rav more* *passes ibruprofen*

I love the picture Pab, the self-portrait is particularly good! I'm not surprised there is lots of dynamiting going on. Andorra seems to be a mountain that none of the neighbouring countries wanted to occupy, so ended up being a nice tax haven by default, but a nightmare to build on. Are there actually any flat bits naturally?!

'Glad my post cheered people up, it certainly cheered me up getting it off my chest smile.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 16 2004, 01:42 PM
Post #8

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I can sympathise with the chainsaw noise - BOTH of our neighbours are builders and if one isn't drilling/banging and improving the house then the other one is. Grrrr...

My day's been busy. My son turned 1 year old on Tuesday and I'm arranging a party for tomorrow. I'm sure no one will notice that the house has been scrubbed from top to bottom or that I've tarted up the conservatory a bit. I'm sure no one cares that I've spent most of my day arranging decorations and food and checking I have enough beverages in the house for everyone.

None of my family really get on so I'm bound to be on egg shells all day waiting for them to start on each other.

Seems a bit of a waste putting all this time and effort in when people will just turn up, harass the baby, get rip roaring drunk (okay, so that may just be me)and wreck my house.

I need a drink... blink.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
pvcfairy
post Jul 16 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,200

i have been wondering what that flaming noise was most of the day but i couldn't see it from the office window

--------------------
I'm sweet and innocent me

+Quote Post
Pab
post Jul 16 2004, 02:17 PM
Post #10

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

QUOTE (Mata @ Jul 16 2004, 03:40 PM)
Are there actually any flat bits naturally?!

Nope. I'ts either like this \ or like this /. A flat bit is just the transition from one to another like this \_/.

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jul 16 2004, 03:06 PM
Post #11

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Mata, if it makes you feel any better about the chainsaw, here's a laugh: on my mum's birthday last week, my grandfather came over to help my vati cut down a massive tree branch. I was inside making tea when we heard a nasty-sounding CRACK. Outside, what did we find but the tree branch fallen across our yard, the ladder completely torked, and my grandfather dangling from the stump of the branch by one arm and holding a chainsaw desperately in the other. He wouldn't drop the chainsaw, because it was "a perfectly good saw, there's no use in breaking it".

Which is how I came to spend my day catching a chainsaw in a blanket (which feels so safe, trusting the man hanging from a tree by an arm to not drop a chainsaw on your head). Some people have to rescue kittens from trees. Me, I have to rescue doddering old fools from them.

Good news is, the chainsaw still works.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 16 2004, 03:08 PM
Post #12

biggrin.gif I figured as much. A bit like Japan really, as far as I can tell they've got Tokyo or mountains.

By way of explanation, PVCFairy is a friend of Sues and mine who works in office block at a window approximately 25 metres to my right, 100 backwards and 20 up, so she's had to put up the damnable wood-chipper from audio hell all day too.

EDIT: Artist.unk, please inform your grandfather that in future he needs to sit on the treewards end of branches that he is removing, not the other way around! laugh.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 16 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #13

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

Anyone else picturing the scene from "Fargo" where the guy is stuffed in the woodchipper or is that just me?

My day so far, goes like this : I got to sleep in a bit because I don't have to be to work until 1 p.m. I would have slept longer but I swear someone kept walking through my house but when I got up I was the only one home.

Later I get to go get gas, cookies and paychecks and then head off to work. My freaking boss is the owner of the store and signed up to bring the cheapest thing to our potluck dinner tonight and that peeves me. There's a festival downtown where I work for the next two days so I get to deal with many many people and a highly stressed out boss.

Yay for life. I'm going to go make coffee now.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Jul 16 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #14

Ai Ravana-hime

Member No.: 421

*sends the Have a Better Morning Fairy off to Mata*

That's all stupid, that psychotic must have been some disgruntled underpaid grunt who was out to make everyone else's life miserable. Or perhaps he was just on a schedule, whatever. Anyway, *big hug* feel better and I'm glad your morning perked up and everyone else's here too! happy.gif

I have had many a morning like that, usually when I'm driving my car (usually in quite the hurry) to work or whatnot. There's usually a lot of frustration, and then I explode, hanging out the window cursing obscenities at anyone and everyone with two legs, sometimes even if they have less. I've only recently developed this short temper. *sigh* I'm such a bad homo. dry.gif

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 16 2004, 04:31 PM
Post #15

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Yikes! Usually there aren't any noise disturbances in my neighborhood, so I'm a lucky one. I have no funny incidents with chainsaws to report, either (I kind of wish I did.) I haven't really had much of a day seeing as I just woke up a half-hour ago, and all I've done is stretch and eat...I'm ready for my day to come at me! Well, as soon as I shower.

And good luck on reduction of noise... when we had people cleaning out/repainting/getting all the grimy stuff out of our windows, I was awakened on a Saturday at around 7 by hammer noises. Not to mention I had to keep the shades drawn! tongue.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
spuglet
post Jul 16 2004, 05:56 PM
Post #16

I don't need no stinkin' title

Member No.: 38

Well, as long as we are complianing about noise...

I hate when on my only day off I get woken up by some flid with a lawnmower at half past nine in the morning. In fact, i got so annoyed i wrote a letter to my local newspaper. That got printed! biggrin.gif

Yet my lovely neighbours still haven't changed their lawn mowing patterns!

Aside from that, I live next to a train track so i have that noise all the time, but im used to it, BUT when they do maintenance on the tracks they do it at night so as not to disturb the train timetable (ha- as if they care) but all they do is distrub my sleep. Drills at three in the morning.

I also hate birds. Dawn chorus my arse.

And I would love to be awoken by the sound of building work in my house. My mothers partner is a builder and four rooms and a garden are currrently half done and have been so for about a year.

/end rant.

--------------------
I'll sleep when i'm alive and live when i'm dead.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 16 2004, 06:38 PM
Post #17

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Morning's been okay, except for the tornado sirens going off at 3am. That sucked a lot. I was awake until 5 listening to the weather radio. dry.gif Yay, Missouri storms.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jul 16 2004, 07:15 PM
Post #18

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

EDIT: Artist.unk, please inform your grandfather that in future he needs to sit on the treewards end of branches that he is removing, not the other way around! 

No, I think life-threatening situations make him feel young again. Or something. -.-;;

My next-door neighbour vacuums his lawn. As in, with the thing you clean carpets with. You know it's summer when you wake up at 6 am to a sound like that. Of course, if I'm in for a real treat, I'm already awake by that point, because the monks in the Buddhist temple behind our house started playing gongs and drums around 2. (And you people thought your neighbours were strange.)

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jul 16 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #19

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I'm sure no one will notice that the house has been scrubbed from top to bottom

I'm sure we'll notice your gleaming floor as we vomit on it.

I've tarted up the conservatory a bit.

Greenhouse

arranging decorations and food and checking I have enough beverages in the house for everyone.

Hmm. Sounds like a piss-up. Will there be pass-the-parcel?

None of my family really get on so I'm bound to be on egg shells all day waiting for them to start on each other.

We're all grown ups, we'll be fine. Plus, everyone can spend the day laughing at my battle scars.

people will just turn up, harass the baby, get rip roaring drunk (okay, so that may just be me)and wreck my house.

Damn! My plan has been foiled.

As for noise... Every morning, 5am - our puppy wakes us all up. He'd be cute if he wasn't such a pain in the arse.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jul 17 2004, 02:27 AM
Post #20

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

On the subject of chainsaws, I was babysitting today and the two year old found a small toy with a pull string. It happened to be a chainsaw that vibrated when you pulled the string. Wow. You can teach your kid to destroy the environment when they're only a toddler.

Noise-wise, the painters are coming to paint the windows...at 10am. Much better than 7am...I'm grateful for that.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Jul 17 2004, 03:24 AM
Post #21

This space intentionally left blank

Member No.: 203

Personally I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow, renting a chainsaw, and heading to town to do the whole 'Shining' thing. Perhaps I'm just mean and nasty. tongue.gif

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jul 17 2004, 06:09 AM
Post #22

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

[MOOD=spam]
Heeeeere's Johnny!
[/spam]

Though, that was when he got freaky with the ax. I can't remember him running around with a chainsaw.....maybe I should watch again if my memory is incorrect. But hey, they did it in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You could run around and play Leatherface! ph34r.gif

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
talking to faeri...
post Jul 17 2004, 01:00 PM
Post #23

put the aerial on your head

Member No.: 89

Noise sucks first thing in the morning. When I moved into my new house there was a building site opposite and every morning there'd be huge lorries, giant cement mixers and the like doing their very best to wake me up, but suddenly it all stopped...it was heaven. But then someone decided to buy the house next door and completely renovate it, I'm talking new roof, new walls new everything so I now had that waking me up. But not only that, the scafholding was right opposite my bedroom window and there isn't a very big gap between the houses so I'm paranoid that the builders could look in and see me because the curtains supplied by my landlord are really thin. Anyway, the other day the building in the building site started again so lately I've not been a very happy bunny.

But other than that things are fab biggrin.gif

--------------------
~I'm missing your bed, I never sleep, avoiding the spots where we'd have to speak, and this bottle of beast is taking me home. I'm cuddling close to blankets and sheets, you're not alone and you're not descreet. You make sure I know who's taking you home. I'm reading your note over again, there's not a word that I comprehend, except when you signed it "I will love you always and forever"~

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Jul 17 2004, 01:07 PM
Post #24

This space intentionally left blank

Member No.: 203

Now I'm being persecuted by noise. For reasons best known to himself my dad has decided to use his angle grinder. In the house. It's making my eyeballs vibrate.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jul 17 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #25

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jul 17 2004, 02:07 PM)
Now I'm being persecuted by noise. For reasons best known to himself my dad has decided to use his angle grinder. In the house. It's making my eyeballs vibrate.

that can happen?? poor fuzzy sad.gif

i don't have a noise problem, but i did split up with my other half again. some of you might remember the last time sad.gif

...other than that...i'm peckish, but fine and dandy smile.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 06:13 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!