Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Can't Sleep., But I'm very tired.
gothictheysay
post Aug 3 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #1

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 959

Ever since I've been off my prescribed sleeping pill, I've been trying to keep up a normal sleeping schedule (whatever that means in summer). But now that school starts in oh about three weeks, I'm *really* trying to get to sleep on time, etc. Only problem being...I can't. I'm incredibly tired, but I toss and turn for ages - no surprise. Without a sleeping pill I usually am up until about 2 AM before I fall asleep. Last night I took something to help me sleep at around midnight...I finally did fall asleep, but woke up at 4:30 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. When I do finally get to sleep, I wake up often - tired, but not able to fall back asleep. So lately I started to take some sleeping pills while I was off my prescribed one to help me sleep. I've taken everything I took before (on separate nights) to see if it would help, but nope. My father should be calling my doctor soon to get me another sleeping pill, but meanwhile I'm trying not to take naps during the day so I can sleep at night. (Of course I sleep better during the day than at night. dry.gif)

Meanwhile, does anyone have any suggestions so I can stop complaining at all of you? tongue.gif Warm milk makes no difference. Counting sheep? Nuh-uh. Listening to music? I've done that for years, but I need something else...I have to wake up at six AM when school starts, and go to bed at 10-ish. I am not optimistic about pulling that off.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knave
post Aug 3 2004, 05:09 PM
Post #2

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,215

My suggestion is caffeine... in large quantities. Sugar usualy helps as well.

That's the only way I keep going during the daylight hours. I can't seem to sleep more than 4 hours a night myself.

--------------------
Intelligence breeds insanity;
Insanity begets intelligence.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Aug 3 2004, 05:59 PM
Post #3

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

What do you do during the day? Being active during the day always helps, especially outside because sun make melatonine (sp?) which helps/makes you sleep. sleeping with someone, as in in the same bed (not having sex...though that might help >_>) it always helpful...to me at least, failing that, get a teddy bear, he won't start groping you when you actually want to sleep tongue.gif
more than that i can't say, i'm not really a troubled sleeper, but i would say more medication might not be the way forward...but what do i know??

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Aug 3 2004, 06:25 PM
Post #4

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Being active during the day always helps,

Yeah - that's a good one.

I've been an insomniac for years and I find some gentle exercise just before bed can help - I do mean gentle though, if you go and have too much activity then you're just going to get yourself on a high and you're back to where you started. Swimming's good.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Aug 3 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #5

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Being active during the day always helps, especially outside because sun make melatonine (sp?) which helps/makes you sleep.

You can also buy Melatonin supplements. They're very easy to find; they'd be in stores along with the multivitamins, iron pills, etc. My sister is an insomniac and she uses these, although I prefer to suffer because I don't like the muggy feeling you get right before you sleep when you take them. But to each their own. They usually work within about 20 minutes of taking them and they're natural, unlike drugs, and safe. Insomnia can result from your brain not producing enough melatonin on its own, so taking it before bed can give it that extra nudge from tired to asleep.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 07:25 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!