IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Little Goth Girl's First Date, AKA Death To Mata's Server!
Mata
post Sep 8 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Here's the spiel:

Yep, it's eventually finished, Little Goth Girl's First Date:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/animpages/little...first_date.html

It's 3.5MB, AKA HYOOOOOGE! So it'll take a while to download.

There is also a painting based on the animation to buy on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=3747244417

Bid high if you can afford it please!

I can't remember if I mentioned this last time, but my CafePress shop will be shutting down soon so if there's anything you want in there then now's the time to buy it. I'll probably be shutting that in about two or three weeks:

http://www.cafepress.com/othersidestuff

Right, that's it. I'm knackered. This has been far too much like hard work. The next LGG will be back in 2D style, and will be sillier than this one.

Next animation: Hmm... Probably Mr Snaffleburger. We've not had one of those for a while. Then the Halloween one, then I might get around to the next Saumri Lapin at last.

See ya!

Mata

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 8 2004, 04:35 PM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Awesome animation! And some long-awaited plot development...very interesting biggrin.gif I loved the style of it.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 8 2004, 04:42 PM
Post #3

I loved the style of it too... For the first few weeks. Now I realise how blooming long it takes I've gone off it a little bit!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Sep 8 2004, 04:44 PM
Post #4

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

Oh wow... Mata... That was great! biggrin.gif I had been wondering how these things tied in, and now they're starting to... oooh!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 8 2004, 05:14 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

You're killing those of us with dial-up, man.

Anyhow, that was definately groovy. I'm digging it. It was quite deep for an LGG animation, but I really liked it (the convo was spectacular). I can understand you not being thrilled about doing 3D animations very often, but what you did do with this was awesome. Sea seems like a really cool cat with an interesting set of beliefs.

What I'm confused about is if Sea was with the monks or just there? Could you clarify?

And in regards to your blurbage, don't go back and change any of the animations. They make me proud of you in a weird way. My friends note how your style has progressed and I can't help telling them how much of it I've seen and how happy I am that you've gotten as good as you have. So please, don't change the animations. The history overrides the visuals (to me at least).

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 8 2004, 05:23 PM
Post #6

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I like it!! I have my suspicions where it's going next with Sea too. I suppose I can wait and see... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 8 2004, 05:28 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Righteous @ Sep 8 2004, 05:14 PM)
You're killing those of us with dial-up, man

Sorry about that, there wasn't any way to do this level of detail in a smaller space. Looking on the bright side, I've already put this through a load of software that means that it's lost 25% of the size it was. To start off with the movie was about 4.6MB...

What I'm confused about is if Sea was with the monks or just there? Could you clarify?

Yes. I could.

And in regards to your blurbage, don't go back and change any of the animations. They make me proud of you in a weird way. My friends note how your style has progressed and I can't help telling them how much of it I've seen and how happy I am that you've gotten as good as you have. So please, don't change the animations. The history overrides the visuals (to me at least).

We'll see. At the moment I don't have the time so it's all academic really (pardon the pun).

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Sep 8 2004, 05:23 PM)
I like it!!  I have my suspicions where it's going next with Sea too.  I suppose I can wait and see...  biggrin.gif

Oo, what are your suspicions? I really enjoy reading what people think is going on... It's half the fun of making them for me!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 8 2004, 05:33 PM
Post #8

My friend Aysha calls me Sea...

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Sep 8 2004, 06:02 PM
Post #9

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Oo, what are your suspicions? I really enjoy reading what people think is going on... It's half the fun of making them for me!

Well, if Satan can have a daughter then Death can have a son. Would explain what Sea was doing there and his 'job'. (BTW - LOVE the name Sea!)

There're others but they get really far fetched. wink.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Wasat
post Sep 8 2004, 06:08 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,270

Really great work, again. Does really leave you wondering.

As to old animations. I say leave them as is. They are good as is, no need for messing with. Anyway going back and changing thing is what the pigs do. (Animal Farm, remember?!?) But regardless keep up the good work, regardless when it or how often it comes it's all good in the end.

--------------------
University of Delaware
BCPE '06 minor in CISC
MCPE '08? UoD? California? somewhere in UK? (Only time will tell)

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Sep 8 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #11

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Wow! That's absolutly amazing. When you described how it would look in comparison to your regular animations, I wasn't too sure, but I knew that it sounded interesting.

The time and effort and what not that you must have put in, I think has definatly paid off (excuse the pun, but I hope it does).

I've never gotten in to LGG, but well, I think I'm a convert. Blimey Mata, wow. -And well done it really does look distinctive, and striking. I'm well impressed.

/end praise to Mata tongue.gif

*Frog is off to watch all the other LGG animations*

edit: also, the 3D-iness kinda reminds me of Futurama: where all is 2D, then 3D kickis in every now and then. yay.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Sep 8 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #12

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

I can't wait to go home and watch it again with sound. Though it'll take a while, I'm used to stuff taking a few minutes to d/l.

I think redoing the old animations is a good idea, as long as you keep the old ones, even if they aren't all accessible all the time. For one, it would be a good excuse for most of us to go back and watch the old ones again. And it might help bring more people in and keep them in case they liked the content but were turned off by the graphics.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 8 2004, 07:53 PM
Post #13

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

can't come up with an intellegent responce, so i'll just say this:

....buh?

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Sep 8 2004, 08:37 PM
Post #14

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

egads! I can only get it to load to 58%!!!!!!

*pouts*

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Sep 8 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #15

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Hmm. Sea did say he has a job as a "security courier" who works the "specialized transport" industry. Thare are about a thousand ways one could interpret that when one sees him looking out the window of a building on some monks who are looking to knife his woman.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Quinny
post Sep 8 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #16

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Member No.: 117

That blurb must of taken as long to do as the animation, quality work as always Mata.

Don't change the old animations, there look as all part of the story, if you look at other animation or cartoon sites like UserFriendly.org or Penny-arcade.com as look at the early stuff and the new stuff it's different but helps with the history.

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Sep 8 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #17

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

Ooh! Fun!

I really did enjoy it and the new style. I'm kind of torn between that and the Old Way - just because I found the Old Way™ perhaps a little more... colourful? Light-hearted? I don't know quite how to put it - but the way this one is made certainly compliments the content.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 8 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Sep 8 2004, 08:37 PM)
egads! I can only get it to load to 58%!!!!!!

*pouts*

You are the person I was aiming that last bit of the into blurb at then. Go to another page, go to Tools, then Internet Options, then click the 'Delete Files' button, then click 'okay'. This will clear the cahced files in your browser. If you return to the page again hopefully whatever error you developed will have been cleared from the memory and you should be able to load it okay.

QUOTE (Quinny @ Sep 8 2004, 10:47 PM)
That blurb must of taken as long to do as the animation, quality work as always Mata.

Oh how I wish that was true. The blurb took less than an hour, probably a lot less. That's just me having my normal wandering mind.

QUOTE (Forever Unknown @ Sep 8 2004, 11:00 PM)
Ooh! Fun!

I really did enjoy it and the new style. I'm kind of torn between that and the Old Way - just because I found the Old Way™ perhaps a little more... colourful? Light-hearted? I don't know quite how to put it - but the way this one is made certainly compliments the content.

This was certainly a more serious episode than many of the others. Next time I intend to do a more light-hearted one to even this up. I deliberately kept the colours quite muted because I didn't want anything to jump out too much, because that would make it look out of place, which is often a problem with this kind of motion graphics.

As a pointer to why this took so long, a simple thing like Sarah shaking her head might be split over twelve frames, a more complex motion might go over sixty or seventy. With the 3D software you can either have everything outlined or nothing at all, and you can either have everything in shadows or nothing at all. Bear in mind here that each frame takes about five minutes to render then you can see why it's not a quick decision.

To get Sarah and Sea to look the way they do I had to go through every frame that they are in, customising every one by elimiating shadows and adding outlines where I wanted them. This takes a few minutes per frame. I wanted them to be outlined, but I wanted their surfaces to have the same clarity that they have in their 2D versions (the exception being Sarah in the alley, but that is in low-lighting, and her darker side is showing itself there too).

I built several city blocks to set the pizza place in, in the restaurant scene alone there are 11 light sources that I would sometimes have to adjust for each camera angle to get the effect I wanted, not to mention the individual tint on each light to cast the right colour.

The restaurant was covered by about seven cameras, all of which were an absolute pain to get in place. They had different lens widths and most were reused for slightly different angles at other points.

I'm really proud of it, but my goodness it was very boring to make.

Oo, painting update: currently the bidding is up to 贈41! Yay! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=3747244417

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Sep 9 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #19

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Mata, that was truly awesome. I think it's the best so far. Also, you can put a word in that the music was great, too. ^^ The amount of patience that must go into these animations is dumbfounding--animating is hard enough without the 3d rendering! As an artist I appreciate how much you have to love what you're creating in order to put up with all the time and aggrivation that can go with, and my but you must love making these very, very, much. I like how deep the dialogue is, too. Kudos. It's really great.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Sep 9 2004, 07:38 AM
Post #20

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

Loved it. What can I say? You have the patience of a god, which we all knew before, but this is just... incredible.

PS - Sues is a lovely voice actress. Kudos all around.

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 9 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Tigersong @ Sep 9 2004, 08:38 AM)
PS - Sues is a lovely voice actress.  Kudos all around.

That's true, I thought the voice acting really was very good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Sep 9 2004, 01:41 PM
Post #22

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

Wow i loved it, bloody amazing. Not sure of the whole LGG talking thing (stuck in my ways i suppose). The animation style has altered the atmoshere of the story, making it easier to understand the dark nature of Sarah. (loved the red eyes bit, and the blushing).

You and Sue's did the voicing well, still not sure if i liked it though.

Ohh and thanks for the mention smile.gif

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 9 2004, 02:27 PM
Post #23

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

I liked it and am really looking forward to the next one already. I'm waiting now to have a similiar coversation in my philosophy of religion class, as Sarah and Sea. We sort of hit the edge of that last night.

Keep up the great work, they get better everytime.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
sjwt
post Sep 9 2004, 04:00 PM
Post #24

Worrying

Member No.: 115

verry intresting..

Was that IX or IIX or XI or XII in the sumoning circle and on the clokes?

Thats going to take a number more watching before i can get too much of an opion on it..

All i can think of at the moment is skater boy is her opisate..

--------------------
**真真真真真真真真真真真真
????I used to be sane,真真
????but im better now.真真
????????????????????????**

What dose the cult symbol in LLG's first date meen?? Why the answer is right before us my freind.. It meens ' mata is an evil poohead :P

+Quote Post
Twitching
post Sep 9 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #25

like peppermint aftertaste

Member No.: 714

That blurb started giving me flashbacks of the week I spent reading 1984. I've now become immensely paranoid. unsure.gif

--------------------
Medae is my n00b!

Oink!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 10:36 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!