mooooooooooopo doesn't have a personal statement currently.
29 years old
Anti-spambot check: No
Joined: 5-March 04
Profile Views: 4,776*
Last Seen: 26th May 2013 - 08:37 PM
Local Time: Jun 19 2013, 07:31 PM
2,352 posts (1 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
23 Apr 2012
Against my better judgement I joined in the Ludum Dare 48 hour game jam at the weekend. After a bit of hatchet work to reduce the scope of the game (and to cut down the brutal difficulty) I managed to get the thing finished and submitted.
Enjoy the chaos of my creation, Creature Collect. It's made using Flash so should just work in the browser.
19 Feb 2006
This is probably about the 6th thread I've ever made but it seemed like a good idea.
So these guys provide student accomodation in various areas of the UK: http://www.clubeasystudent.co.uk/
I was wondering if anyone had any previous experience with them or is my experience a one off.
So...Originally I was renting a house (in Loughborough for the record) from some other landlord whose name I forget, they generally ignored emails, refused to fix stuff and were completely useless. Then they sold our house to Club Easy.
You'd think it would be an improvement but no, it just got worse. Here's what happened so far:
- They send a plumber around to (supposedly) check if our boiler is in good condition. Coincidentally this is the day all of our radiators end up full of air.
- Upon us complaining they generally contradict themselves and claim that it was in that condition when they brought the house and therefore it is not their problem and they are not contractually obliged to fix it. Yeah, so much for their solicitors letter stating that the terms of the contract did not change when they purchased the house.
- We find out they want us to move to another house so they can refurbish this one. That would be fine if it wasn't the middle of the exams, the new house is ridiculously far away and there's been no problem with this house prior to them taking over.
- Their maintenance guy comes over a few times, stuff gets fixed for about half an hour then mysteriously breaks half an hour before he leaves.
- Their staff members repeatedly lie through their teeth and contradict themselves. We have pretty conclusive proof of this.
And last but not least, they sent another plumber over "to independantly verify that the system is completely broken". Great, except that he's still working for them and he completely broke our boiler yesterday. No heating (save for electric heaters), no hot water.
They've offered another house that we can move to just down the road but it won't be finished for several weeks.
What it appears they're trying to do is force us out so they can renovate this house in time for next years students. That would be fine if the house was in a really bad state when they brought it or nobody was living here but that's not the case, they've actively damaged the heating and plumbing to force us out so they can redecorate in order to rent the house out sooner for their own selfishness and capitalism.
I'm going around tomorrow to generally complain at them again, wave the contract in front of their faces and show where they've violated it and demand my rent back for the whole period for that this has been going on for.
I probably won't get anything though, they're ridiculously slimy like that, so what's one to do.
Ideas, advice and previous experiences with them would be appreciated. For everyone else...don't touch them.
30 May 2005
I've been randomly drawing a lot this week so I decided to try tracing some of my drawings with my graphics tablet and colouring in photoshop. I'm still trying to work out whether the wobbly lines give them character or make them look a bit shoddy.
Somehow even the SciFi style shuttle came out cute...it's starting to disturb me a little.
Devastating cuteness within
Comments and stuff welcome, either in here or on the LJ post.
4 Dec 2012 - 20:06
25 Nov 2012 - 21:29
14 Aug 2012 - 2:55
18 Jul 2012 - 14:44
3 Jun 2012 - 21:56
Other users have left no comments for mooooooooooopo.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 19th June 2013 - 06:31 PM|
|Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!|